PG Classics Upholstery

-
Mexican upholstery shops are famous for high quality work at a low price. That's nice for you, your seats look great, but it isn't not practical for most of us. Just make sure they don't stuff your seats with horse manure while you're at the donkey show.

I've had the seat part of my bench split a seam a coupla times thru the decades, a local upholstery shop has done a great job of replacing and matching just a section of the original bench seat cover.

Local upholstery shop all the way. And twice on Sundays.
Thanks Dan, that was an enjoyable read. The comments were good, too.
We have a local mom & pop upholstery business that's been working for sixty years. I thought they'd closed up. It turns out they moved when the real estate they occupied on a main drag became too valuable to use for an artisan's shop. They seem to still be doing well with the third generation coming into the business now.

IF you don't care about it looking original, go local. If you want original, go Legendary. Money anywhere else is a waste, including PG.

I've had very good luck with SMS Auto Fabrics out of Oregon. Depending on what you are getting, the lead times aren't TOO bad! 4 to 5 weeks.

harrisonm... You obviously have experience with PG interiors. Nice to get a response based on
experience.
...was this 25 years ago when you installed Legendary that you found Legendary was nicer and PG
quality was not good?
It was about 25 years ago that I put the Legendary seat covers in. Like I said, they are still awesome. I do not have any direct experience with PG or PUI interiors, but I have seen them at car shows, both for sale and on a car, and they are not Legendary. @dibbons makes a good point. Have you checked with a local upholstery shop? depending on the price they quote you, it may be worth it not to wait and wait and wait.

Decided to give PG a shot and pulled the trigger. My e-mails were all answered promptly and they
went out of their way to accommodate me. I rec'd the upholstery in 1 day, don't see any of the
short comings posted by others and i am very impressed.The packing was bullet proof.
I won't be installing them for some time but will give a full report when i do.
Wish me luck

All packed away Steve but i could not find a wrinkle or a sewing flaw when the patterns were manipulated. Heavy supple material and i think the pleat backing looks more durable than my Legendary. The thread is certainly heavy as well. Now it's up to me to rebuild and shape the foam correctly. As i said i'll report and post when the time comes for the benefit of other members but i won't be redoing the buckets for some time.

isnt PG stuff the upholstery that looks ok, but isn't quite 100% original patterns etc. it looks like overseas knock offs but in its defense is alot cheaper than legendary.

You may be correct. I guess someone would have to put them beside original unrestored pieces and compare them.
The ones I rec'd appear identical but maybe they are not exact?

You may be correct. I guess someone would have to put them beside original unrestored pieces and compare them.
The ones I rec'd appear identical but maybe they are not exact?
Yes I was searching Upholstery once and found I think it was PG. It is nice stuff but isn't 100 % if you are going for that correct pattern and texture type restoration. I may be wrong though.

Al, I put a set of PG front bucket seat covers on the 70 4 speed Purple Swinger Dart I sold in the summer. Had no problems with the installation and fit was nice. Not as good as Legendary for quality, but for the price, they worked great.

Tx..I'm mpressed with ones I just bought. Look like they'll be fine! Excellent price for sure!

-
Back