Photo of Combustion Chamber of Head Casting 2843675?

-
Great thread, a lot of useful information in this one! This comes up often enough that maybe all of it needs archived into a 318 head and piston spec section in the tech pages.

I was too sleepy to do the math myself, I figured that some coffee guzzling, math whiz on FABO would "jump in". If you do a little research I'm sure you'll find the same chart that I saw, it shows that 67/68/69 factory engines all have the same compression....9.2:1. Maybe the difference was so slight the factory didn't care??? I know that the factory head CCs varied quite a bit.

I think that you are right that there is slight difference in compression for those years, chrysler didn't bother to update the info....

I was too sleepy to do the math myself, I figured that some coffee guzzling, math whiz on FABO would "jump in". If you do a little research I'm sure you'll find the same chart that I saw, it shows that 67/68/69 factory engines all have the same compression....9.2:1. Maybe the difference was so slight the factory didn't care??? I know that the factory head CCs varied quite a bit.
But they did mess with the pin height a bit too.

I think that you are right that there is slight difference in compression for those years, chrysler didn't bother to update the info....

While I believe Chrysler did not update general information, they did adjust the piston compression height in 68 for 273s and 318s to keep compression the same with the 675 heads.

-
Back