Photos from Mopar Max 2012

-
Great photos tmm. My camera would DIE right away because it was so cold and only got a couple pics. It was really neat. I took the Charger home and come back to get the 49 and low and behold, there was a working heater that is from a old Mopar in my truck!!!!!! Come to find out a buddy had some items at the swapmeet and nobody even looked at it. He said he set there and looked at the 49, looked at the heater and thought yep!!!!!! How awesome is that? Only Mopar people do things like that he has a 71 Demon with a aluminum 318(yes the block is aluminum) notice anything else? Also are pics of the heater and the whopping 2 pics I took today lol. TMM! It was great seeing you!
photobucket-13041-1349575025325.jpg

photobucket-977-1349575061350.jpg

photobucket-9184-1349575111092.jpg

photobucket-26726-1349575257453.jpg

photobucket-29397-1349575288947.jpg

photobucket-1496-1349575472830.jpg

photobucket-29366-1349575582883.jpg

photobucket-4575-1349575640033.jpg

My truck is a 49 on a 94 Dakota chassis so it has the 5.2 Magnum, fuelinjection, rack and pinion steering, disc brakes, 391 rear and overdrive.

I saw that heater on the tarp when I was looking through the swap meet. I didn't know you needed one till we talked later. Nice to see you too!

Very cool, great job at capturing all those cool rides. It was almost like being there in person, except I got to view all the cars from the warmth of my living room. I just don't get to hear any run.

Thanks, I was going to try a video or two at the starting line but I didn't have much camera battery. Glad You enjoyed the show too. Mike
Thanks, Aj

Thanks guys. I was on a mission. It was cold and there were cool cars and I had limited battery in my camera. I took about a hundred pics and put a few miles on to do it. I had to go home during the noon hour to recharge the camera battery and warm up with a bowl of soup. I had a great time and caught up with quite a few Mopar friends. Today will be nicer at the strip. It's 33 degrees now at 9 am but the sky is clear and the sun is shining. tmm

Cool pics Mike! Did you see a 64 Dodge Station Wagon called "The Original Candy Wagon?" Red and white striped with red tinted windows, really cool drag car.

I think I've seen that car before but not this time around. tmm

Great pics Mike. Thanks! Pretty good turnout considering the cold snap. I love gatherings like that......not crazy crowded, more personal. Btw, the Dart looks really good :thumleft:.

Thanks Rick! tmm

Great photos tmm. My camera would DIE right away because it was so cold and only got a couple pics. It was really neat. I took the Charger home and come back to get the 49 and low and behold, there was a working heater that is from a old Mopar in my truck!!!!!! Come to find out a buddy had some items at the swapmeet and nobody even looked at it. He said he set there and looked at the 49, looked at the heater and thought yep!!!!!! How awesome is that? Only Mopar people do things like that he has a 71 Demon with a aluminum 318(yes the block is aluminum) notice anything else? Also are pics of the heater and the whopping 2 pics I took today lol. TMM! It was great seeing you

My truck is a 49 on a 94 Dakota chassis so it has the 5.2 Magnum, fuelinjection, rack and pinion steering, disc brakes, 391 rear and overdrive.
HA! A "heater" in a Mopar!!!! You guys are funny :rolleyes:. Just kidding, I'm sittin here sweatin my arse off in the garage. Now the '50 Plymouth with an airconditioned Hemi.....That's what I'd call a cruiser here in Phoenix:cheers: Nice pictures

Cool pic's tmm! It was cold as hell out there! it was much better today, at least the sun was shinning!
Thats my buddy's Belvedere. He won the Sportsman class on Saturday, and runnered up in it today! I'll post more pic's tomorrow when I get more time!

Attachments

• IMG_0271.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 184
I should have posted my cell # so we could meet up. LOL Congrats to your buddy. I love those early 60's B's. Those flames really set his off. Nostalgia! Old school look. tmm

Great pics TMM.....Luv the silver GetX and of course the Red Demon :)

Sorry to see it was so cold, but I know the racers loved it :burnout:

Good to see you on saturday Mike I know the cold kept alot of people away. Thanks for posting the great pictures of my car . On sunday the car ran better yet. Had a 1.203 60 ft., 5.60 at 124.83 mph. in the 1/8 and 8.770 at 154.83 mph. in the 1/4. I won s/pro and the combo race on sunday. Made alot more friends, it was a great weekend. Thanks again Tom

Good to see you on saturday Mike I know the cold kept alot of people away. Thanks for posting the great pictures of my car . On sunday the car ran better yet. Had a 1.203 60 ft., 5.60 at 124.83 mph. in the 1/8 and 8.770 at 154.83 mph. in the 1/4. I won s/pro and the combo race on sunday. Made alot more friends, it was a great weekend. Thanks again Tom

Congrat's Tom! That thing was flying. Don't you usually dial 8.88? The traction was definitely there. 1.203/60 ft. is super good. I'll have to stop over with some photos I printed. Mike

Attachments

• 086.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 178
Great photos Mike, looks like it was really cold! Thanks for sharing.

The red Coronet caught fire on the return road and damaged the front of the car. Luckily the driver/owner only got minor burns to his fingers when he tried to put the fire out. I felt so bad for the guy that I couldn't snap a bunch of photos of the damage. tmm[/QUOTE]

I caught this guy's post on Moparts. He posted some photos that I saved to my file. Just makes me sick but he is planning on rebuilding it this winter. Don't know what caused the fire. As soon as he noticed the problem he turned everything off from inside the car and got out and tripped the master disconnect. The battery cable insulation was melted and the cable was shorted to ground. His fuel pump just kept pumping. Dang, I feel for the guy! tmm

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 7420198-002 (1).jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 7420397-003.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 123
-
Back