Photoshop help: 1966 Valiant Grilles. Powdercoat? Re-anodize? Polished Aluminum?

What do you guys think about these options?

• Powdercoated gloss black grilles would look sweet!!!!

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Polished aluminum looks better

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Get them re-anodized like the originals

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters
-

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
I have a spare set of 66' Valiant grilles and was just trying this idea out on you guys. I need some opinions on what you guys think my car would look like with Gloss Black powdercoated (by cudachick) L&R front grilles. The car color is dark midnight metallic blue. My other options are to remove the old anodized coating and polish the aluminum or get them re-anodized. I'm not necessarily going for the 100% all original OEM look. Looking for a little custom look.

Is there anyone who is good at photoshop that can rework this picture. Not my car but a still a good shot of the grill I'm talking about.

Thanks,
Dave

1966ValiantA3.jpg

Hey Dave -
Sorry, no can do Photoshop but got a thought for you. How about body-color grill area like the center portion of the grill? Leave the polished/anodized grill surround and headlight bezels. I'm curious what this would look like.

I responded to your PM, I like them the way Ma Mopar made them!! Then again, ocdart has a good idea, just paint the centers, leaving the rings and surrounds silver.

I kinda like that idea too OCdart !!! I may have to try that out. Since it's only paint I can always remove it.

I kinda like that idea too OCdart !!! I may have to try that out. Since it's only paint I can always remove it.

So, Dave, you gonna have that sweet ride at Spring Fling? We're going on Sunday only and I'll look for it if you're gonna be there.

By the way, the old 'Mopars In May' show & swap that used to be at CSDR in Riverside is now 'Summer Kickoff 2010' and is going to be at Enderle Center in Tustin on June 13 - still an all-Mopar show & swap.
Think you'll make the drive to freeway-friendly Tustin? I'll have info on FABO/FBBO/FEBO as soon as the flyer is finished. PM me if you need more info.

I kinda wondered what the front would look like if the grille had the aluminum look all the way across. Chrome or silver paint the center section? Look too much like a Falcon?
Mark

another picture to photo shop if need to help Dave out
I like the factory look but ocdart has a good idea 8)

val2.jpg

Thank you 67cuda360 :cheers: I like the first one 8)
Again thank you and welcome to this great site 67cuda360 :happy10:

I like the orignal look(chrome)to many cars now-adays don,t have any chrome.Either way you choose,your car is gonna look badazz!

I like the originals.

thanks 67cuda360 that really helps me out with the visual. I like the first one as well. Gives it a different touch. I may try it with some spare grilles.

no problem. Always nice to see the possible end result before you actually have to do anything :). I like the originals also. The more i look at the image with the grills in different colors, the more i like option 1, simple but not straying too far from the original.
Glad i could help.

You said it was blue so I was thinking something like this...

1966ValiantA3.jpg

or a not so flashy...
1966ValiantA3-1.jpg

Would look good... Looks like something the factory could have done.. And you won't see another like it!

You said it was blue so I was thinking something like this...

1966ValiantA3.jpg

or a not so flashy...
1966ValiantA3-1.jpg

Would look good... Looks like something the factory could have done.. And you won't see another like it!

if you could find a really dark color blue like in my avatar that would be sweet. It's starting to grow on me.

Whoa, I like the black. X2 on the major pop.

Dave, it was great finally getting to talk with you the other day. I look forward to working with you on these or another project in the future.

-
Back