Picked up this 74 Swinger today. Yellow Floral top car

-
Any idea what V1P could possibly mean then?

View attachment 1715846094

Post your fender tag or rest of your build sheet.

Just guessing... it might be a special trim package that got a special grained or colored top. Like a Spring Special, White Hat special, Topper... They had all kinds of names for trim and sticker packages to help sell cars.

Is your car an S/E also?

Did Dart S/E's have a special padded top?

Post your fender tag or rest of your build sheet.

Just guessing... it might be a special trim package that got a special grained or colored top. Like a Spring Special, White Hat special, Topper... They had all kinds of names for trim and sticker packages to help sell cars.

Is your car an S/E also?

Did Dart S/E's have a special padded top?
Hopefully that's clear enough to read.
20210601_105522.jpg
Screenshot_20211231-113512_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220101-223237_Gallery.jpg

Read 4th paragraph here:

https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/vintage-advertising/1974DodgePressRelease/dartse3.jpg

Mentions choice of top grain finishes on either Black or Parchment tops. I wonder if the "P" was for a choice of textured grain top. It's just a guess.

upload_2022-1-1_19-41-37.png

You need to find info given to dealers on how to order a 74 Dart S/E or find someone with that V1P code that still has the original top.

the 1974 Dart S/E was a mid year model. So all that info would not be in the literature published at the beginning of model year.

Read 4th paragraph here:

https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/vintage-advertising/1974DodgePressRelease/dartse3.jpg

Mentions choice of two grain finished on either Black or Parchment tops. I wonder if the "P" was for a choice of textured grain top. It's just a guess.

You need to find info given to dealers on how to order a 74 Dart S/E or find someone with that V1P code that still has the original top.

the 1974 Dart S/E was a mid year model. So all that info would not be in the literature published at the beginning of model year.
Mines a plymouth scamp but I guess would be the same

Yellow with a red top is pretty cool I think .
I ordered a 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec for stock with Blue paint and red leather just because I thought it would be unique. It wa great looking ! Other dealers kept calling to trade for it.

I would trust a Galen book any day over "Stockmopar.com" Look up mod top on the internet and see what all the sites say. Think what you want. Mopar didn't make any Mod/Floral top cars in 74. Period.

Plenty of mistakes in the books and on that site too. ;-)

-
Back