Pics of my custom console re-do

-
Pretty sweet it's an amazing difference what cup holders make :D I made a console out of mdf but your idea is way better.

The rubber around the shifter slot is the rubber from the Hurst promatic 2 shifter cover.

Just made the slot in my top plate the same size as where the rubber originally was on the Hurst cover.

And I was thinking of adding a gauge pod at the front for either a clock, or a small tach.

Also just found the perfect stainless steel cup holders at Gander Mountain online. Going to call the closest store in the morning to see if they have them, or if I have to order online.
Would like to have them installed for this weekends local car show.

Attachments

• 530-383-8500.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 729
  • gndrmt.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,160
Looks amazing man! I have a console for my car, maybe one day....

New Pics,,, the cup holders are in. And the top plate is primered but not painted yet.

Keep thinking I need to add something to the console. Maybe an accessory outlet, or a couple rocker switches, it just looks a little bare.
There will be a single gauge pod at the front, just dont have the money for it right now.

Attachments

• cup-1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 675
  • cup-2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 708
  • cup-4.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 718
New Pics,,, the cup holders are in. And the top plate is primered but not painted yet.

Keep thinking I need to add something to the console. Maybe an accessory outlet, or a couple rocker switches, it just looks a little bare.
There will be a single gauge pod at the front, just dont have the money for it right now.

you should paint the top the white body color and then put the blue stripe that matches your bumble bee stripe down the center. to scale of course. that would break it up and look pretty cool.

Inspires the imagination and at the same time looks very nice as is.
I never have really liked the stock center consoles of any classic car.
One would think that cup holders would have been common in the pre air conditioning years. Everyone drank from the same canteen ? :)

One would think that cup holders would have been common in the pre air conditioning years. Everyone drank from the same canteen ? :)
True RedFish, but not from the same beer can. LOL. I really like the way that console came out! Very nice!!

That looks really nice ! Great work ! I was thinking the other day I wish my duster had a cup holder for my coffee.

A little quartz gray metallic paint, and a black stripe down the middle sort of makes it look more like the original.

Probably throw a couple coats of clear on the top plate tomorrow.

Attachments

• S5004791.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 684
Awesome job Mile High, I would like to replicate what you did here. It looks perfect. what trans do you have? Do you still like the shifter?

Really classy looks!

I looked all over for bright cup holders like that for my console several years ago, but only found plastic at the time. Guess I'll be visiting Gander Mountain.

Looks great, man! Wish I could've seen it in person, I lived in Loveland for 12 years, moved to Cali a few years ago.
keep up the good work!

-
Back