picture of rob wolf cuffed and stuffed...lmao..

-
Theres a 10 page thread on Moparts were all any one seems worried about is why theres a guys with a ski mask on. Who cares, hes just doing his job.

The reasons they have the mask on is either a swat situation or to conceal their identity.

The cop in the mask just had HIS hair patch installed and they put the mask over his head to keep it securely in place until the miracle grow takes hold and roots into his scalp:):):) I'm thinking about the same procedure.....I saw it on Opra last week.

hey jaycee1234 any thoughts on what is going on here and what is going to happen? sorry to see you lassoed into this too...

I snapped this picture last year at Carlisle..... :-D

LaysonSucks-vi.jpg

hey jaycee1234 any thoughts on what is going on here and what is going to happen? sorry to see you lassoed into this too...
well you for that...
well to make a long story short, chrysler is pissed that I guess they aren't getting a cut of the money that dave makes on the lenses and such... and basically they are trying to force dave out of business, but then again, they dont' want to make the parts that dave gets for people who are trying to restore their cars.. so to me its a bunch of b.s. I cussed out some chrysler guy at the show, I think he was the main boss??? I don't know.. but i know that i was there to do a job,to bring home a paycheck to my 3 kids that i have to feed. Not to be pulled out of the tent, outside where everyone could see and be made a spectical of... I asked the detective lively if we could move into the tent, i was told no. I was told this is what my company deserves.. I am not sure what he ment by that, but all i can assume is that he wanted us all to be humiliated so that he could make a name for himself..

either way, I am home and safe and back with my kids. in the end that is what matters to me. And rick is back also. The cops treated him worse then anyone else. He was just doing his job like I was. But the cops treated him as if he were dave himself.......

all in all I feel it was made into a huge ordeal, so this detective lively could get his name in the papers..

But, like they say.. it all comes out in the wash.

Where's Andy Taylor and Barney Fife when you need them??:munky2: Seems to me there must be lots of companies into making and selling reproduction parts. Good luck to you workers at Laysons who were caught up in this, sounds like it really sucked, you all must have pretty thick skins with all the negative comments about your employer and his company you hear all the time. Layson should realize he's lucky to have any employees especially after this gong show. Hats off to you guys for putting up with all the s**t you have to.

I also feel for you innocent employees that are effected by this. What Laysons has been doing is a federal crime and not just Chrysler pissed that Dave wouldn't cut them in on the profits. They have been after Laysons
to become an authorized dealer for their parts but Dave aparently didn't want that to happen. Copying patented material is against the law and Dave has been warned. He chose not to play by the rules so its time to pay up.
Mike

Cops are a**holes no matter what. I get sick of hearing the "just doing my job" bs from cops. Being a jerk is not part of the job description! These yokels wanted to seem like they were a part of something big. I guess running radar had gotten boring.

As far as Chrysler, they are jerks. Buy a Toyota and let Chrysler die just like should have done in the 80's. Maybe Laysons should ask the taxpayers to save him like Chrysler did.

well you for that...
well to make a long story short, chrysler is pissed that I guess they aren't getting a cut of the money that dave makes on the lenses and such... and basically they are trying to force dave out of business, but then again, they dont' want to make the parts that dave gets for people who are trying to restore their cars.. so to me its a bunch of b.s. I cussed out some chrysler guy at the show, I think he was the main boss??? I don't know.. but i know that i was there to do a job,to bring home a paycheck to my 3 kids that i have to feed. Not to be pulled out of the tent, outside where everyone could see and be made a spectical of... I asked the detective lively if we could move into the tent, i was told no. I was told this is what my company deserves.. I am not sure what he ment by that, but all i can assume is that he wanted us all to be humiliated so that he could make a name for himself..

either way, I am home and safe and back with my kids. in the end that is what matters to me. And rick is back also. The cops treated him worse then anyone else. He was just doing his job like I was. But the cops treated him as if he were dave himself.......

all in all I feel it was made into a huge ordeal, so this detective lively could get his name in the papers..

But, like they say.. it all comes out in the wash.

Glad to hear you and Rick are back home safe & sound and I am sure everyone here feels badly that you and Rick were treated like dangerous criminals. I hope you and your family (and Rick and his family) gets through this without any further humiliation.
Good Luck

Jaycee and Rick,
I don't know the whole story and nobody else does at this time.
What I do know is you and your families need the money that
your jobs at Laysons provided.
I hope you are able to continue to work or find work in a field you enjoy.
Good Luck

To the people who wish and write bad things:

If you who feel you were treated unfairly by Laysons there is legal recourse
for you already built into the system. Use it and win.

As to Laysons problems:

Nothing has been proven by Chrysler and until they are,
at least in this country, you are innocent until proven otherwise.

I personally feel Chrysler did not have enough evideince to stop this problem legally through the courts.

What they did do is instill fear and intimidate any and all who might
defy them and used a small town police department as their muscle.
This is using the system against its citizens through manipulation.
Let's destroy one company and all the rest will be afraid and fall in line.
The legal fee could be astronomical to defend.

I fear that this is the future and if this is how legal and business matters
can be resolved it will be used more often.

Just my 2 cents.

Again I wish the best to Laysons and all its employees.

Longarm

The more I read and listen, the more I smell a rat at Chrysler and at the local police. I am not a fan of Dave Layson but I don't want to see anyone get railroaded by big money's use of the legal system. Did anyone read Layson's response. Laysons is saying all items with mopar penstar logos and/or part numbers were purchased for resale from authorized vendorsand they have the purchase reciepts and that any parts reproduced by Layson does not have a logo or numbers on them? It may cost him a fortune to prove this, if it is true but "inocennt until proven guilty".

The cop in the ski mask is most likely an undercover cop and he is probably working other cases, hence the mask so his cover will not be blown. :salute:

I would like the thank Jaycee and Rick for there time spent here, helping and filling in the pieces of this story.

I wish you all the best and if there is any way we can help please let us know.

The cop in the ski mask is most likely an undercover cop and he is probably working other cases, hence the mask so his cover will not be blown. :salute:

Possibly. Or maybe he is just embarrassed that this is his profession choice.
I sure would like to see crime stats for that town. They must be really low.

Isnt copyright infringment an FBI issue anyhow?

Dave Layson, owner of Layson’s Restorations of Lakewood, Washington vehemently denies any wrongdoing in connection with the investigation that resulted in the searches of his properties in Kent and Lakewood, Washington, seizures of his inventory, and his arrest at the annual Chrysler at Carlisle car show in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.

The investigation comes as the culmination of a long-running dispute between Layson’s and the Chrysler Corporation and is the result of competitor’s complaints about the market share Layson’s has been able to capture manufacturing long-discontinued parts for the collector car hobby. Competitors have long been frustrated by Layson’s ability to bring these parts to market, and sell them at fair prices to consumers.

The suggestion that excess or ill-gotten profits have been generated is totally without merit. The costs associated with engineering, producing, marketing and shipping these long forgotten pieces is substantial. Layson’s has always sought to produce the best part at the lowest cost for the consumer and has done extensive legal research to support its position in this.

Layson manufactures parts without Chrysler’s trademark Pentastar logo and under the law, is completely justified in so doing. Layson’s has always sold the parts it manufactures as “Reproductions” and has bent over backwards to make the distinction clear because frankly, the new parts are far superior to the originals.

In addition, Chrysler has yet to roll-out a meaningful licensing program to include manufacturing standards, exclusivity agreements, marketing agreements or a uniform royalty structure.

Because of that fact, and years of turnover and indecision at Chrysler, Layson’s Restorations, like many other similar vendors, has not opted to participate in the company’s ill-conceived and yet to be fully developed licensure program. As a result, Chrysler has tried to intimidate and coerce vendors in this industry to pay into what amounts to a, “Black hole” of a non-existent and yet-unformed licensure program.

Parts that carry the Pentastar logo seized from Layson’s were all purchased from “licensed” vendors, and are not so called “Forged auto parts” as the mis-informed authorities acting at Chrysler’s behest allege.

Layson has records and purchase orders to document the acquisition of these parts and is confident that a more careful investigation will prove these facts. While Layson’s does not subscribe to Chrysler’s claim of licensure, other mis-informed vendors have been intimidated into doing so, and subsequently have produced parts bearing the trademark Pentastar. Again, any of those parts in Layson’s possession were legally purchased from those vendors and the documents exist to prove it.

Layson’s believes that the Chrysler Corporation wrote a criminal complaint that constituted a, “Wish list” of sorts. Chrysler was then able to persuade investigators in tiny North Middleton, PA to carry their water, which in turn lead to a request for assistance from the Lakewood, WA Police Department.
The searches, seizures and resulting loss of business have been entirely excessive. The serious verbiage contained in the charges, excessive bail, and the use of clearly excessive criminal charges are outrageous.

The questioning of employees, the seizure of personal property and the blind speculation about, “Exploding” investigations by Lakewood law enforcement officials who have no background in this case or trademark law are way, way out of line, are libelous on their face and have already caused Layson’s Restorations serious and substantial damages in the marketplace.

Efforts to recover the company’s reputation, inventory and lost revenues will be vigorous.

Like I said in my other post. If you are illegally using their trademark/copyright info on repro parts, well that's illegal. If paperwork proves you correct, and you aren't - you are clear. However, if Chrysler wants to fight you on selling replacement aftermarket parts that dont use trademarks/part numbers or copyrighted logos, then we in the industry better worry. And worry now.

Take care Rick
Grant

Good to see you here Rick. I was wondering what happened with you. Jaycee, thanks for clearing up the events. Too bad all this happened before I had a chance to stop by and introduce myself; I was at the other end of the fairgrounds at the time, near gate 2. I wanted to thank you, Rick, for all the email help you have provided me during my restoration.

George

cops like to abuse their power, and because 99.9% of them do, it makes them all pricks in my opinion.....lets see how tough they are without that bloody badge...

The problem is, if he is innocent, he will have to spend a FORTUNE to prove it. Justice costs money!!!

Just ask me, my ex-wife went to "child support recovery" and told them I owed money. With NO proof of any money being owed, they charged me with contempt of court. I went to court and the judge said, "Why is this here, he is NOT in comntempt. His money is actually paid in advance!"

Now "child support recovery" is a bunch of government goons who arent smart enough to work anywhere else. They didnt have to worry about money, time off work, etc.

The same thing is happening with Dave. He may be in the right but at what cost to prove it?

Being vindicated was nice but paying a laywer to get it sucked!!

-
Back