Picture or description of lug nuts for mopar rally rims

-

Pa's Toy

Reaction score
Good morning and Happy New Year.....it seems that the the left side lug nuts and studs have been replaced to regular righty tightie ones on my dad's 1964 Barracuda....these after market nuts themselves do not seem to be seating correctly and have caused some marking of the original 13 inch rim ....as I am looking to update to a 14 inch rally rim, thought Id ask if the lugs nuts for these wheels are supposed to be uniquely shaped. Anyone with input as to a picture or description as to what I should be searching for please feel free to chime in....with thanks. Greg

Last edited:
Roy and Jamie have them as well. They handle left and right hand thread. Chrome Lug Nuts QTY 10 1964-70 A-Body Left Hand Thread, Lug Nuts, 203-LN1003 Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts It looks like $15 for 10 nuts.

1704207198220.png

Just bought the Megaparts ones, nice and inexpensive!

Hmm, those don't quite look like the old ones on my rally wheels. These have long tapered ends — my older ones have a very shallow cone end with a step out to the hex sides. Of course, I don't know exactly which year my wheels came from, and they might have had a few different types. At any rate, as long as all the ones on your car match each other, nobody is going to say anything.

To tell the truth, I have this style on the RH side, and the "older" ones on the LH side. And the older ones are LH thread on the back, and RH thread on the front. This is the kind of stuff that happens over 40 years of ownership.

Thanks everyone...might as well be right if I'm changing the wheels

Check this out at 21:34, or a bit earlier.
These match the RH and LH lug nuts that came off my wheels.
The standard lug nuts I was using temporarily, as I switched to all RH, did not fit the holes in the wheels.

I have found that there are two sizes of these 7/16-20 chrome "acorn" lug nuts — some take a 3/4 socket, and some take a 13/16 socket. 3/4 gives you more clearance to avoid scratching the center cap.

The Megaparts nuts don't look like the original '70-2 factory nuts. Neither do the Coker ones, although they're a bit closer. The originals have a slight point in the center of the nut. The LH ones only came in 1970. '71-2 were all RH thread. Since they're going onto a '64 model, I don't suppose it matters since the wheels aren't correct for that year anyway.

-
Back