PICTURES of hood seal?? Barracuda

-

Treblig

Reaction score
Would someone post a pic of their hood seal. I have a '69 Barracuda that has never had a hood seal. I just received a new seal (soft seal) but really don't know how to install or where it actually mounts??
Been having trouble with higher temps on the highway (only) and hope the seal will help. I've already replaced the lower hose and it didn't help.

Thanks,
Treblig

Do you mean the seal between hood and cowl (near windshield) or atop the radiator support?

Front seal on 67

20170803_191611.jpg

20170803_191615.jpg

Do you mean the seal between hood and cowl (near windshield) or atop the radiator support?
Didn't realize there were 2 different seals, hope I ordered the correct one. I was asking about the one up front that keeps air going into the radiator. Between the radiator support and the hood.

Treblig

Keep in mind pics are from my 67. I would think 69 is the same?
I saw that you might have an extra one but the shipping from Ontario to S. Texas would be a deal killer!!
After some research I think it's called "hood to radiator seal"??
treblig

Yes, that is the correct name.
I purchased one from Classic Industries last year, part number was MA2460. Listed for years 67-72.

Yeah. The hood to radiator seal will run all the way from fender to fender. The cowl seal is only about 35" long.

Yes, that is the correct name.
I purchased one from Classic Industries last year, part number was MA2460. Listed for years 67-72.
Thanks, I looked up the wrong one the other day now that I've looked up MA2460 I see my mistake. To those folks that posted pic....THANKS!!

Thanks,
treblig

Bro, I'd have sent pics but I was gonna have you PM me your number and text them to you. It's still good to have a good cowl seal. I think it keeps motor stink out of your fresh air inlets.

Are the other A bodies similar?
They seem to have them for all different years. The hood to cowl that I accidentally ordered fits 67-76 A body. The hood to radiator have a different seal for 66, 67-69 Cuda/Dart and 70-72 Duster and another one for 71-72Demon. You can find them all on line in the Classic Industries Catalog.

Treblig

Thanks. I have one but forgot "which end." I was thinking it was the cowl end

-
Back