Pictures of my garage

-
Wow!!!

1679660587455.jpeg

Future one in (slow) progress...50x34x14. 18x12 big door and a pair of 10x10 doors.
20221206_170013.jpg

20221206_165934.jpg

Last edited:
That is a very cool track setup moparmat, and love the cars. Mine is basically a drag strip for when friends are over. It is the Auto World snake/mongoose set with pieces from another track to bring 'em back. It is pretty awesome that it can be set for pro or sportsman tree, and you can redlight. Wanna race? :)

No, I am in D/FW area.
Thanks for the kudos. It took me about a year to build it. Its Tomy AFX track soldered, and moulded to a one piece track similar to a routed track. I run a trakmate freeware program on an old Dell windows 95 desktop computer for a lap timer. My grandstand needs more HO scale people, and I need some food stands and Porto potties lol. I have seen those autoworld drag race sets. Those are really cool. My father in law lives out in D/FW area.

Rat Rod Al, what is the width of your garage? I am putting a lift in my garage also. The inside width is 19 feet. May I ask what the width of your garage is on the inside? Your garage looks like mine.
Well used.

Eric
You quoted my post but I'm not RRA? That picture was from about a year ago, I've cleaned it up since then. I took the picture because of how messy it was, made me laugh. It goes in cycles but definitely does not stay clean for long.

In any event, the garage is approx. 45' deep x 26' wide. The door openings are 9' tall. I didn't want it that deep but my town has strict setback regs. so to accommodate what I wanted that's how it ended up. It's really more of a barn and looks like it from the outside.

I planned for the lift early on and made sure there was enough room on either side and above. The lift is not dead-center in line with the door opening or it would have been too close to the wall. There needs to be enough room to operate the lift comfortably and have some room to get out of the way in case something fails/falls. There is also enough space to pull an axle on the side closest to the wall. Overhead clearance is not an issue.

Just wanted to point out that the lift couldn't be placed in the center of the room because then you can't park a car next to it. I considered placing it on an angle like in a dealership but that wouldn't have worked either, the floor would need to be much wider.

Big Dad, sorry for barging your thread here! I wish my shop had as much character as yours does.

Whatever size you decide to buy / build you will have it filled faster than you expected.... Unless you buy some Amazon sized warehouse or the old willow run bomber plant :)

I bet some folks have enough stuff to fill one of those too!

-
Back