fndekljfnrkjg.jpg

efeff.jpg

fweger3.jpg

gbwjkdwbkjfr.jpg

dfbejfbwjkd4.jpg

dsfwefrqwe.jpg

erfbjkefbje.jpg

dgrtgtqde.jpg

1st picture and the 3rd picture dont look to bueno...

shitty edelbrocks just get fel pro or Mr.Gasket or Better

I always thought eddy head gaskets were just repackaged fel pro........

they are cross ref. as the 1008 but idk, I think poss. bad torque

they are cross ref. as the 1008 but idk, I think poss. bad torque

1008s are blue.
I have NEVER had a problem with a 1008 even under a decent amount of nitrous with only head bolts not studs.

But on these engines when a gasket fails that is the spot it fails in almost every time.

1008s are blue.
I have NEVER had a problem with a 1008 even under a decent amount of nitrous with only head bolts not studs.

But on these engines when a gasket fails that is the spot it fails in almost every time.

yep, those almost look like mr.gasket brand.

little clamping surface in that area.
when they pop, usually the gasket pushes out completely and you can see it with the valve cover removed.

Yeah, those are not Fel Pro 1008s. Might just be a review, but you should run a tap into all the head bolt holes, then blow them out with air or brake clean, run a die up the head bolts and clean them off. Make sure there are no oil or oily fingerprints on the heads or block. Then torque in 3 steps. Starting with the center and working out.

Yeah, those are not Fel Pro 1008s. Might just be a review, but you should run a tap into all the head bolt holes, then blow them out with air or brake clean, run a die up the head bolts and clean them off. Make sure there are no oil or oily fingerprints on the heads or block. Then torque in 3 steps. Starting with the center and working out.
x2 on that. then retorque after runnig a day youl be glad you did.

I ran into this one time on a freinds 360 with a set of X heads milled down to 63cc off a stock eliminator 340. The gaskets looked about the same as yours, we found that the head bolts had bottomed out in the block. We picked up a set of hardend head stud washers, retorqued the heads with new gaskets no more problems.

1008s are blue.

I know this...if you go to summit they say if were out of 1008 get these

I ran into this one time on a freinds 360 with a set of X heads milled down to 63cc off a stock eliminator 340. The gaskets looked about the same as yours, we found that the head bolts had bottomed out in the block. We picked up a set of hardend head stud washers, retorqued the heads with new gaskets no more problems.

just grind the bolts.jmo

have your heads been resurfaced ,your block check for strightness ? check these out frist , tap head bolt holes out and clean .check head bolts for strech .take micr and mic bolts from threads to head they should mic the same all the way up if not replace you know the rest there are only three reason for headgasket failure not flat, not tight,snd streach

-
Back