Pictures

-

Steve welder

Reaction score
This is some of what I saw on Sept 11 in lower Manhattan
Later in the day I did make it up to ground zero and that was something surreal
Two days later we were sent to help at the pile
These pictures capture the true horror of the day and after all these years looking at them makes me emotional
God Bless America
The 9/11 photos we will never forget

I see these and it makes so many emotions come up. I remember when it happened and how unified Americans became. God bless those who helped and those we lost.

This is some of what I saw on Sept 11 in lower Manhattan
Later in the day I did make it up to ground zero and that was something surreal
Two days later we were sent to help at the pile
These pictures capture the true horror of the day and after all these years looking at them makes me emotional
God Bless America
The 9/11 photos we will never forget
POWERFUL !
Tears in my eyes...

I was leaving art class first hour when this happened, my senior year. A classmate came up to me and asked, "What does this mean?" I said, "War."

I was expecting the draft, but luckily that never happened.

Thank You for Posting that.God bless America. Everyone should remember this and to tell your loved ones you care about them Every Day .

and a lousy day got worse
Former MLB pitcher Anthony Varvaro killed in wrong-way crash en route to serve at Manhattan’s 9/11 site
This young man was married to a young woman form a family we knew from the church parish
In addition my son who coaches a little league team knew this guy very well as he was the president of that league
What a shame, so young so tragic
Man, dude that sucks. And the timing. Add me to the list of people that are praying and thinking of that guys family and friends. I’m so sorry to hear this.

Man, dude that sucks. And the timing. Add me to the list of people that are praying and thinking of that guys family and friends. I’m so sorry to hear this.
I know, its really terrible, guy leaves behind a wife and 4 children
My son called my wife this morning and told her, she said he's in a bit of a shock.
Its hard to make sense of

Thank you for posting the link. It still brings tears to my eyes, seeing the destruction, the raw emotions on the faces of those who were in the towers, as well as all those first responders. I remember watching the news coverage and being left speechless imagining the horror felt by so many that day.

As the day draws to a close, one thing that occurred was the day I and some fellow workers went up to ground zero to help. If I recall it was two days after the attack, one guy a plumber from the facility was among the group of us. His name was Mickey, great guy, I knew he was a VN vet but thats really all I knew..... We worked most of the day and later on I noticed Micky was gone, he went back to the shop I was told
Weeks later I was talking to someone also a VN vet and he told me Mickey had had enough and had to leave
It was the smell, the smell was overwhelming but for Mickey it was the smell of death. I leaned then that Mickey saw a lot of terrible things and a lot of combat. Being at ground zero and those smells took him back to a place he didnt want to be
Thank you for posting the link. It still brings tears to my eyes, seeing the destruction, the raw emotions on the faces of those who were in the towers, as well as all those first responders. I remember watching the news coverage and being left speechless imagining the horror felt by so many that day.
In all my life up to that day I never saw a person hysterical. Now I dont mean over come with grief, I mean really hysterical but I saw a few that day
After the second tower came down we had tens of thousands of people trying to get on to the ferry to get to Staten Island, people just wanted to get as far away as possible...There was this young lady maybe late twenties who made her way into the dock office. She had no shoes, her feet were black dirty...She lost her shoes running away as the towers fell.... She saw some bad stuff and one second she would be calm and the next second inconsolable, sobbing shaking. At times she would make sense and than she would be crying about a lady running while pushing a stroller with a baby both covered in dust or where were her friends... I stayed with her and got her on a boat as soon as one arrived
My co worker his son worked in one of the towers....When he was told to get out as he left his office he saw a young Asian woman hiding under her desk.....She was to scared to move and wouldn't leave of what she thought was a safe spot.....The young guy pleaded with her and finally threw the desk off of her and yanked her by the hand.....The two of them ran nonstop across the Brooklyn Bridge and finally got to Staten Island....My co workers son probably saved that girls life
just tens of thousands of stories

I have been watching 9/11 shows on the History Channel most of the day. It brings back a lot of memories and feelings of watching it unfold on TV this day in 2001. My wife asked me how I could watch it. I said I think every American should watch these shows to remind us that our freedoms aren't free, there are people everyday paying for our freedoms at home and abroad and, for us to remember how delicate our freedoms are. We should also watch to see the greatness of our country to come together as, a lot of that has been lost lately. I feel we should watch to honor and, pay respects to everyone who lost their lives that day and after due to health conditions caused by the air quality especially the HEROS that made the ultimate sacrifice trying to save others.
NEVER FORGET!!!

@plymouth67 i agree 1000% with you. And what happened to patriotism. These younger kids have no concept of it. Spoiled and no idea what sacrifice really is. Im proud af to be American but when people disrespect our country and flag when they are American it pisses me off

-
Back