Pin hole in frost plug!Dang!!!

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
This afternoon,I was adjusting my lokar kickdown cable,I got it set and was gonna take it for a rip up to my friends farm when I noticed a fair size puddle?Duh!!The frost plug at the BACK of the D.side head has a pin hole sream spraying out!I guess the fresh paint was hiding it.So guess what I,ll be doing tomorrow?I,ll probably have to undo the header and exhaust to get in there,not a happy boy right now,I thought tomorrow was gonna be burnout day!Guess not!I have to go now and smash something!

Bummer Man! I had a block frost plug leak last year. When I got it out I couldn't believe how small the pin hole was. I pulled out the screw in plugs and flushed the crap out of it. Lots of core sand in the bottom of the water jackets.
Mike

Bummer Man! I had a block frost plug leak last year. When I got it out I couldn't believe how small the pin hole was. I pulled out the screw in plugs and flushed the crap out of it. Lots of core sand in the bottom of the water jackets.
Mike
Yeah,this is just a tiny piss hole!I guess rotting from inside out!The block has all new frost plugs in it,so I thought they did the heads also?Fresh paint hides things I guess!It,s gonna be a ***** to get this one out!

I had a pin hole in one of my freeze plugs on the front of the driver's side head until I poked at it with a screw driver. That sucker opened right into a gaping hole because the metal had thinned from corrosion on the inside.

That sucks man. I hope everything goes smooth for you and it is an easy fix.

hey Jim is sa as hot as hou. tried to get some stuff done and had to come in a while too friggin hot and no breeze

Yeah hot here too. I'm on the computer for a couple more hours till it cools off. I will go back out this evening.

that one and the one on the rear of the block in that corner always seem to go. All kinds of crap seems to collect in that corner. When you have that plug out make sure you flush that corner out as much as possible. Pulling the plug will disturb all the crap In that corner and you don't want it all over your cooling system.

Well I just went out and pulled the steering column,easy access!Popped out the old plug.This all took 15 mins.(wow that was easy)Now to get a new one back in.You can see in pics. the pinhole in the frost plug.

re and re of 66 Dart 011.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 012.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 013.jpg

-
Back