Pinion Angle with Coil Overs and Ladder Bars

-

jefflock

69 Dart 408 10.08 best pass so far
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What should my pinion angle be on my rear end? My 69 dart is equipped a coilover ladder bar rearend. Thanks

I have mine set at 3 degrees down.
DodgeDart4-18-12.jpg

I know I'm new....but doesn't it depend on the motor/trans angle?

I know I'm new....but doesn't it depend on the motor/trans angle?

Yes it does but i'm just stating what my pinion angle is, sitting on the ground race ready with engine and trans in stock location .

Yes it does but i'm just stating what my pinion angle is, sitting on the ground race ready with engine and trans in stock location .

no doubt...YOU know what your doin'
the pic says it all!

i would be measure it with a protractor,im guessing the ground should be level so you get a acturate measure of the driveshaft angle

right on Guitar...it is the relationship to the driveshaft....not the ground

to measure....
I like those little digital magnetic $17 angle finders at Harbor Freight. Great for front end caster/camber set-up also

every one is right, fighting this problem on my cuda I'm running s&s springs now and my pinion angle changed big time i try for 3 degrees down the more hp you make the more angle you need for street application. they say any thing over 500 hp you need any ware from 3-6 degrees .

Ladder bars don't bend enough to need more than 3 degrees, in my experience. 1 1/2 to 2 is usually great, like the others have stated.

Don't forget the pinion angle has to match the front u-joint angle! This involves raising or lowering the trans to get the angles to match and for every front adjustment made the rear changes and must be readjusted and for every rear adjustment the front must be readjusted. A juggling act if you want it perfect.

Don't forget the pinion angle has to match the front u-joint angle! This involves raising or lowering the trans to get the angles to match and for every front adjustment made the rear changes and must be readjusted and for every rear adjustment the front must be readjusted. A juggling act if you want it perfect.

Correct, pinion angle has nothing to do with drive shaft angle. My car measures out at 3 degrees down at the pinion, and the trans slipyoke is at 1/4 degree down.

-
Back