Piston pin bad ?

-
Yes.....they all are gold in color. Cant say if brass or zinc plated.

This hobby has more variables than elk hunting...lol

Yup - base plate screw. They are steel but plated for corrosion so they are magnetic. Maybe that's the Universe's way of saying you needed a 2nd look at the engine...

I WAS going to mention Karma last nite,, and who's corn flakes he'd pissed in, many yrs ago..

but I thought he'd payed enuff..

lol sorry..

I still have to wait for the shortblock to be checked over and find and build new heads .

Besides that I have spent a ton of money on this car recently and need to take a financial break from it for a while..

BTW..... Bruins up 2 games to 1...
You're paying attenito to the wrong things....LOL. The piece you found started up a lot bigger; I am wondering how it got from one cylinder to another....musta bounced back up the intake; but that is pretty hard to do.

You're paying attenito to the wrong things....LOL. The piece you found started up a lot bigger; I am wondering how it got from one cylinder to another....musta bounced back up the intake; but that is pretty hard to do.

Very possible, I had a wrist pin let loose on #6 at 6800 RPM on a 440 race car of mine years ago. There was pieces in every cylinder, intake, headers, etc. Hell every where but the trunk!

I've seen it a few times tooo many..

Were I you, I'd just have those heads thrown together, checked for bent valves, and use them till you can afford new heads,, they'll work for a while.. heck,, if it hadn't swallowed that screw,, you'd prob. be driving it 5 yrs from now,..

hope it helps

I am having the short block checked for machine shop screw ups that may prove catastrophic in near future. Just in case the original shop did the same quality work on the bottom end.

-
Back