Piston rings for just one cylinder for sale?

-

JelloB1afra

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I broke one of the lower piston rings when installing. do you guys know of any companies or businesses that sell piston rings for just one piston instead of a whole set?

.030 over
5/64 in. x 5/64 in. x 3/16 in.

Yeah. Every piston ring maker sells single cylinder sets. Look it up on Summit.

Yeah. Every piston ring maker sells single cylinder sets. Look it up on Summit.
really? i checked on summit and could only find whole sets.

its for a 5.9 magnum out of a 99 ram. also theyre for keith black .030 pistons.

total seal, but you need to run the same brand all the way thru, call who ever made the rings

what happens if i mix and match. right now im using engine tech. i asked them and they said they dont sell singles

i checked summit right now and i just realized that piston rings dont seem to be engine specific. just bore and groove size specific. wow lol

total seal, but you need to run the same brand all the way thru, call who ever made the rings

I'm not sure that I agree with that.

As long as they seal the cylinder, you should be ok. The cylinder doesn't care who makes the rings, as long as they fit right and seal properly. As long as they are the same type (cast iron vs moly).

Yes, it's more desireable to have a full matching set if possible. I would personally bite the bullet and buy a whole set myself. But if he's on a tight budget, then go with a single cylinder pack.

really? i checked on summit and could only find whole sets.

its for a 5.9 magnum out of a 99 ram. also theyre for keith black .030 pistons.

bore size and ring thickness needed....english or metric?

someone might a partial set laying around

So, I have a box set of 7 Sealed Power 4.030 moly rings I'd make someone a good deal on...

I'm not sure that I agree with that.

As long as they seal the cylinder, you should be ok. The cylinder doesn't care who makes the rings, as long as they fit right and seal properly. As long as they are the same type (cast iron vs moly).

Yes, it's more desireable to have a full matching set if possible. I would personally bite the bullet and buy a whole set myself. But if he's on a tight budget, then go with a single cylinder pack.

what i ment was buying a ring other than what the cylinder was honed for is a poor choice.

If your using KB pistons, be sure to check the ring end gap!
They need to be at their recommended gap or prepare to lose a piston.

what type of ring do you need molly/cast/chrome ? or did I miss that? I have a few broken sets /do you just need top/sec/ chrome oil expanders .pm me

-
Back