PITMAN problems

-

darthdustre

Reaction score
I have a 74 duster with a 318 manual steering all original resto....my steering box is a older (70-72) a-body manual box with a small diameter output shaft...so i cant find the correct pitman arm for my linkage.

1. i bought a 74 a-body pitman arm and it was to loose

2. i bought another 72 pitman arm with a small diameter hole but the pitman arm is backward and wouldn't fit my steering linkage.

please help...

What do you mean backwards....I believe 72 was the last year that the pitman arm connected in from the bottom...after that thru the top of the steering linkage....not sure what to do about that...I got my manual box from a 69 Valiant..but I have a 72 dart...I am sure there is a way to do it...mybe need the crosslink from the donor car

The late pitman arm for the small sector box is not comman and may not be available anymore. You have a couple of options:
1. Get a later steering gear and use the 73 pitman arm.
2. Get an early centerlink and use the 68-72 idler and pitman arms.

I used a small sector box in my 73 dart. Some very nice people on here told me to use a Moog K7075. This is with the 73 idler and drag link. Worked great for me and found one at a place a few towns over for 80 bucks. It can be had cheaper online but I wanted it ASAP.

do you still have that 74 pitman arm for the manual steering? could help get some funds back if you want to sell it

if the arm is 7075 ill take it if its 7076 its power steering and Ill pass

I have a 74 duster with a 318 manual steering all original resto....my steering box is a older (70-72) a-body manual box with a small diameter output shaft...so i cant find the correct pitman arm for my linkage.

1. i bought a 74 a-body pitman arm and it was to loose

2. i bought another 72 pitman arm with a small diameter hole but the pitman arm is backward and wouldn't fit my steering linkage.

"i bought a 74 a-body pitman arm and it was to loose"-----thats because the parts store gave you one for the power steering,most of them only know what their computer tells them : )

this fine fella has what ya need if he hasnt sold it

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=149759&highlight=pitman+arm

-
Back