pitted chrome

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
this question has been ask before I'm sure, but restoring my first A-Body myself, is there anything I can do with pitted chrome such as tail lights.Only one is pitted and if you buy a new one than the other one looks like crap. I know there are new ones out there, but is there a cheap way to get good results without spending 300.00.
as always thanks for you help.
Tommy

this question has been ask before I'm sure, but restoring my first A-Body myself, is there anything I can do with pitted chrome such as tail lights.Only one is pitted and if you buy a new one than the other one looks like crap. I know there are new ones out there, but is there a cheap way to get good results without spending 300.00.
as always thanks for you help.
Tommy

you can use some steal wool to clean them up . then just buff them to a shine .

Check out Caswell Plating. They have kits for stripping and plating pretty much anything including pot metal. Apparently they make a conductive primer that is platable. With this you can fill pits with Lab Metal etc., then prime and plate. Their Copy Chrome kit looks pretty darn good and isn't too expensive for parts the size you are talking about.

-
Back