Pitted freeze plug bore. How have you got them to seal?

-
A certain Ford engine calls for a 38mm cup and I told the guy just get a 1.5" and go for it.... "Will that work?" Really? It's not rocket science I promise....

LOC-TITE "form-a-thread" is probably another product that would fill those imperfections well......

I'd bet with Permatex you could knock that plug out in a year (or 10) and pop another one in there without even resealing the second one because the old Permatex would be hardened on the iron of the block.

Then the reason I recommend the deep brass plugs is because they also use the outer surface of the plug bore that isn't damaged nearly as bad.
They can sit all the way out flush with the outside of the block and still use the entire sealing surface of the plug bore.

Got one coming, actually I have a fist full of 1-5/8(yes i know that the freeze plug is bigger then the stamped size) freeze plugs and one 1-41/64 for the bad hole.
Decide to pull them all and flush out the stop leak(yes, put in my new motor just because i want to race!) and then seal each and every one going back for good insurance!!!
Got it all from my local parts store so no need for yet another internet purchaser and have to way 4 more days.

Got one coming, actually I have a fist full of 1-5/8(yes i know that the freeze plug is bigger then the stamped size) freeze plugs and one 1-41/64 for the bad hole.
Decide to pull them all and flush out the stop leak(yes, put in my new motor just because i want to race!) and then seal each and every one going back for good insurance!!!
Got it all from my local parts store so no need for yet another internet purchaser and have to way 4 more days.

Hope it's not too late but I put a couple of feet of brake line on the end of a garden hose and kinked the end, so I could reach down through the block from the front plug holes and blast that baby out.
With all the plugs out it gets a bunch of junk to run out of the open plug holes.

Hope it's not too late but I put a couple of feet of brake line on the end of a garden hose and kinked the end, so I could reach down through the block from the front plug holes and blast that baby out.
With all the plugs out it gets a bunch of junk to run out of the open plug holes.
Great idea, thanks!
Nope not too late......... Wife just informed me that it's Date Night. Guess it will all have to wait until the morning. LOL

TrailBeast
Thank again for the suggestion with the brake line. Work grate! nice and clean inside now!!!

-
Back