Placement of V8 emblem on 1967 dart left front fender

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a replacement left front fender but it was from a 6cyl and did not have the holes for the "V8" emblem. I can measure from the OEM right fender BUT... the "V8" emblem posts are not centered on the emblem so if the "V8" was placed on the drivers side the leading edge of the "V" would be about 1/4-1/2" more forward than the leading edge of the "8" on the passenger side.

MY QUESTION...
Does anyone have design drawings locating the holes on the fender OR does anyone have a stock dart left fender with the "V8" emblem who would measure from the leading edge of the fender (IE between the headlight bezel and the fender) to the leading edge of the "V" and post it for me.

Once the holes are located I can get it mounted and get the Dart painted!

looking forward to your replies.

Dana

Ok a picture is worth a thousand words.

Anyone with a 1967 dart with a 273 2bbl with a stock left front fender and "V8" emblem mind measuring from the tip of the V to the front edge of the fender and post the measurement here. I need to drill the holes so I can get the fender repainted to make my dart whole again.

Left front fender V8 emblem location.jpg

My measurement from the front edge of the fender to the leading edge of the "V" is exactly 7 5/8".

Thank you so much.
I got a measurement of 7 3/4 from another source so yours is right in line with that, what's a 1/8th among friends ;^). It turns out Dodge moved the mounting holes rearward on the drivers side to keep the leading edge of the left and right emblems the same distance from the fender edge. I now feel very comfortable drilling the mounting holes. Thanks again.

No worries. FYI, I measured both sides several times and the measurements are identical, so you are correct. Good luck with your build!

Thanks for your reply and thanks for measuring both sides. on a side note...I went to a Mopar show here in my home town and there were two 67 Dodge Dart GT Convertibles, whats the odds!

-
Back