Plate with battery leads connected to it?

-
Reaction score
My name is Spencer and I am 18 years old. I recently finished swapping my 727 for an A-833 in my 1974 plymouth duster 360. everything was great until she left me stranded, the wiring harness was just a mess. Apparently, some electrical engineer got ahold of her a few years ago and filled her with some really weird... creations... i managed to figure out most of it but there's one thing i just cant wrap my mind around. I was Hoping someone might know what this is. I'm in the middle of installing an American autowire harness and so far, its been great. Just trying to figure out if i need this or what this even is. Any help would be much appreciated.

20170126_200845.jpg

Looks like someone replaced the relay with a contraption of their own. Some days $11.95 is hard to come by, so you have to improvise.

I would be concerned that something labelled positive and mounted to a metal surface which is grounded. Looks like a homemade junction point.

I would be concerned that something labelled positive and mounted to a metal surface which is grounded. Looks like a homemade junction point.

That's what it is.
It is stood off the fender with those two rubber grommets and never was an actual auto part.
Ditch that thing.

What is it? Jeez, the name is right on it (POS). Piece of s--t. Get rid of it. Apparently some idiots idea of an auxiliary power take of for accessories and what not. A big short waiting to happen when you drop a wrench on it. Do as halifax says......

It seems like he made that in order to be able to jump start the car or other cars easier. I took it out and moved the battery up to the front. The guy also had lamp wire all over my ignition system. Glad to be redoing it all the right way. Thanks again for your help guys!

My name is Spencer and I am 18 years old.

Welcome in Spencer. Cool to see younger folks getting involved with older cars. Seems most want to do Honda's, etc. Don't hesitate to ask questions, no matter how "dumb" they may seem. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask. Tons of peeps here to answer.

Good luck with your project!

Ahhh, battery in trunk.....well seeing as it didn't burn to the ground yet I guess it worked, but just the same good riddance lol!!
Welcome to FABO!!

-
Back