Please Clarify..

-

1968 Valiant

Reaction score
Will I be able to retain my blower fan and colum shift (automatic) with my 440 swap coming up???

These two issues are deal breakers for me.

The blower fan is not a problem with stock valve covers. I've never tried to build with a column shift, but it can't be done with B-body HP manifolds. I think it will fit with some headers.

I think with an RB you might have to tweak the cover to clear the blower motor. I have done the column shift with manifolds easy enough. But once you replace the manifolds with anything other than fenderwells you have to ditch the column shift.

I had 0 issues with either on my '72 Dart/383 project....
BUT I used Factory 1968 A Body BB Manifolds.

Later,
Bruce B.

I think with an RB you might have to tweak the cover to clear the blower motor. I have done the column shift with manifolds easy enough. But once you replace the manifolds with anything other than fenderwells you have to ditch the column shift.
Moper is correct...I had to ditch my column shift and install a floor shift to clear the Schumacher TRI-Y's...8) Mine is also a factory A/C car and that changes everything also...I notched my cast aluminum ones in my car to clear the blower motor

Thankyou all. I am going to try and make them both work. I am stuck on the column shift because I have a weird obsession with very stock looking but very modified cars.

My Valiant is a four door and I picked this over a 2 door. They are far more useful as a car for as much as I drive it and no-body expects to get caught off the line by one. The 440 I am prepping to install will be as quiet as possible and as stock looking as I can make a RB look in an A-body.

Most my "car friends" would not know the differance and all the older mopar guys wil get a kick out of it.

Thankyou all. I am going to try and make them both work. I am stuck on the column shift because I have a weird obsession with very stock looking but very modified cars.

My Valiant is a four door and I picked this over a 2 door. They are far more useful as a car for as much as I drive it and no-body expects to get caught off the line by one. The 440 I am prepping to install will be as quiet as possible and as stock looking as I can make a RB look in an A-body.

Most my "car friends" would not know the differance and all the older mopar guys wil get a kick out of it.

What are you going to use for exhaust off the heads ? headers or manifolds ?

I was under the impression that Headers was my only option. Is there a manifold that works with the 440??

If not I was hoping to try the tri-y Headers

B-body HP manifolds fit with a little work.....BUT you'll have to lose your column shift or make changes to it.

2167912866_32fa102451_o.jpg

There was a source off BBDart.com that sold HP manifolds that have lower sections replaced with tubular steel that will also fit. My buddy has one I think it's the left side that's modified. Any right hand HP (B/E/C) will fit easy enough.

-
Back