PLease dump the "Political Forum" - full of hate speech, foul language, etc..no place for it.

-
I will agree with Dave on one thing through all this. That is that we should speak to each other with some level of respect. There's really no need for all the nastiness and hatred. For instance, when I call jpar stupid, he knows I don't mean it and I am just messin. I mean deadgum, that guy is textbook hot rodder. How can anybody not like him. Stuff like that is cool camaraderie. But cursing at each other and meaning it.......we're better than that. Any idiot can talk like that. Even in the political forum where the "gloves are off" so to speak, we're still the same people, right? I keep saying this over and over but it's true. When Tim (ABodyBomber) passed away, it really got me to thinking. What if mine or your last word to someone was something in hate? Gregg Allman (RIP) took that to his grave since 1971, because he and his brother Duane had gotten into a fight........over drugs of all things and the last things they said to each were in hate, Duane jumped on his bike and was killed less than five miles from where he left Gregg. What a horrible thing to carry with you all your life. Just something to think about.
I totally agree. I grow VERY tired of people being downright nasty in this forum. Like when someone asks for help with something and then starts arguing with the people who are trying to help. If someone calls him on it, he starts getting nasty. Or when someone asks what they think a car is worth, and then gets nasty with people if they disagree. WHY be like that. My theory in life is to "Be nice until it's time to not be nice." And discussing things on a car forum does not elevate to not being nice.

Yesterday (Friday) was BEAUTIFUL! Sunny and 85 degrees with some wind. Last night we had a few thunderstorms roll through, but nothing drastic. I spent two years in NJ at Maguire AFB. We used to go to the Cherry Hill Mall all the time. When I got the assignment to be an Airlift Control Officer at 21st Air Force HQ, I wasn't really looking forward to moving to NJ. All I knew about it was what I saw on TV and in Movies. The area around Maguire AFB was beautiful, rural farmland. We really enjoyed our time there. After 2 years, the AF decided they needed me in Panama.
I'm 2 miles from the Mall. I know Nebraska had some severe storms. I love the Midwest plains. Farmland that is, not cities!

I totally agree. I grow VERY tired of people being downright nasty in this forum. Like when someone asks for help with something and then starts arguing with the people who are trying to help. If someone calls him on it, he starts getting nasty. Or when someone asks what they think a car is worth, and then gets nasty with people if they disagree. WHY be like that. My theory in life is to "Be nice until it's time to not be nice." And discussing things on a car forum does not elevate to not being nice.
We call them "Askholes" 'round this neck of the woods.

Well, now you all can see exactly who hangs out there and what that little group is all about. End it, send them off to share their hate elsewhere. Just one person's opinion, but sure seems like a quite a few that go on about THEIR right to free speech can't handle mine.. You asked for suggestions, I made one - deal with it. I'm done. When this site goes down the toilet with a bunch of other ones remember why.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

View attachment 1715336576
I'm not subscribed to the political forum and don't care one way or another what's posted there. It's a discussion forum to hash out political ideas and thoughts. You come off as a crybaby because you cannot deal with the fact people have different views than you so you call for the forum to go away. You must be part of the tolerant left. Glad your girl lost.

I like that if a car thread starts to get political, they can be directed to take it to the political forum. Without that forum, there's nowhere for them to go.
My name is Clementine. And I endorse this message! The moderators are smart enough to have a place to put a thread when it goes this direction. This is well organized forum.

No. It reflects on all of us on this site whether we participate in that forum/segment of this website or not - take a look sometime before you comment -no decent person would want to be associated with it; by using this website you are supporting that particular forum as well as the other ones. Actually sounds like there are a few russian troll types operating out of there as well. Something to think about.

I look at it like this: The Political Forum section is like a radio or television channel. If you don't like what is going on, change the channel. Same here. If you don't want to participate in that forum - don't. Simple as that. I rarely if ever go in there. That said, just because I don't agree with everything said in there, I certainly don't want to take anyone else's right to go there away from them. Enter at your own risk.

I tried it for about a month several years ago. Wasn't my cup of tea so I left. I had completely forgotten about it until this thread.

So, you want a forum dumped that you have to sign up for to view and participate. Might I suggest you simply "demember" yourself?

Is 'demember' a real word??? Maybe he should "dismember" himself from the forum....

FABO is a volunteer organization just like a lot of others. Everybody joins for different reasons. Some to learn, some to teach, some for social contact. Some want to help, some want to be helped. Some good natured pranking and spirited discussions make it fun. Colorful characters keep it lively.

Some are frustrated with their lives and need someone to take it out on. Some want to rule with a iron fist because they are tired of being ruled. Doesn't take much of a man to be a bully on a computer. Plenty of computer cowards around ready to dish out abuse.

Unfortunate for everyone else that has to put up with the second group. Some of it is unavoidable because people are people. I do think that routine offenders should be dealt with.

As stated earlier, this is still America, and sincerely expressed opinions do not constitute abuse, hate speech or whatever other form of political correctness violations somebody just thought up.

Any so called rules are ignored - really casts this entire website in a bad light - users and especially those running it..
Bailed out of that a long time ago. Hard to see friends bicker and fling **** at each other. Dont care if its in jest, there are roots to all this stuff that I would rather be seen kept under the cuff. You dont show us your dirty laundry, I don't want to see it either. You can always opt out and never know your buddy here is a militant xxxxxxx.

I haven't read through this whole thread.. but I don't understand the OP. If it bothers you.. just... don't... click.
Then again, I'm a senior network admin, and I deal with this every day from some very intelligent people..but damn... JUST...DON'T..CLICK!
I have lots of friends and family that I disagree with on political issues. And I used to get into political arguments with some of those on the internet.. and it got pretty heated sometimes.. it's easy to drink a few beers, get into an argument on the net, over something that face to face, while sober, would be a civil conversation.
Those same friends and family still come over. You know what? We don't talk politics after that first beer is cracked. And we have a good time.
And that's no different than just...don't..click.

I've never eaten eggplant in my life. Now I have to see what this is all about. By the way, pineapple on pizza is awesome.

It's not bad.......but then pineapple is a pretty awesome fruit.

Pineapple-bacon pizza is good stuff. Almost as good as a shrimp pizza.

I love fresh shrimp, but as the kids say nowadays "Ima" have to take your word for that. lol

I love fresh shrimp, but as the kids say nowadays "Ima" have to take your word for that. lol
There's a place, on the south side of The Chain 'O Lakes, just south of Waupaca Wisconsin, named 'The Wheelhouse'. You will find the best pizza you ever ate in that small joint. The shrimp pizza is very tiny shrimp, and the sauce has more of a shrimp sauce taste to it. Sounded gross to me till I actually ate one.. and it's downright amazingly good. You might run into Alex Trebek there, as he has a 'cabin' on the chain, and I've seen him there (years ago).
I hate posting a turn on a thread, but in this case I feel ok. Shut the hell up about politics for a while, go have a beer and a pizza with your friends and family, and have a laugh with them. Life is short... don't waste the time you have on dumb arguments.

I haven't been to the N&P in a long time. What I have learned in this life of mine(64 years), is your not going to change anyone's Political point of view, if your to the left that is where you will stay, ain't nothing going to change that. If your to the right(Me) that is where I will be till I die. And for those in the middle? You don't stand for a damn thing! To the OP accept it and move on.

I have a left hook for the right and a right hook for the left. I can't be the only normal person. lol
All this left/right stuff is :bs_flag::thankyou:

Dave NEO,
I really do not care about politics in general, there is enough of that crap on the television and radio damn near daily, you are fighting a losing battle trying to get that forum gone. Your thoughts about it being a detriment to the site is unfounded, for any visitor can never read it unless they register to be a FABO member and put a check mark in a box like YOU DID.

Personally I did not check that box as I have no desire to discuss politics here, but some people do like to discuss politics and that is also their right. You made your statement, I admire your right to make it, BUT, this is Joeys board and that section is certainly not going away.

Like every one else has been stating, If you don't want to read it, then please click your username at the top right of the page, select "Preferences" from the drop down, scroll all the way down to the bottom and remove the checkmark in the very last box in the center and click "Save Changes", DONE! Then you can not be offended by posts there because you will not have access to that section, and life goes on with a lot less drama on this board.

And, I would not be very surprised if this thread should suddenly disappear sometime soon.

Last edited:
Dave NEO,
I really do not care about politics in general, there is enough of that crap on the television and radio damn near daily, you are fighting a losing battle trying to get that forum gone. Your thoughts about it being a detriment to the site is unfounded, for any visitor can never read it unless they register to be a FABO member and put a check mark in a box like YOU DID.

Personally I did not check that box as I have no desire to discuss politics here, but some people do like to discuss politics and that is also their right. You made your statement, I admire your right to make it, BUT, this is Joeys board and that section is certainly not going away.

Like every one else has been stating, If you don't want to read it, then please click your username at the top right of the page, select "Preferences" from the drop down, scroll all the way down to the bottom and remove the checkmark in the very last box in the center and click "Save Changes", DONE! Then you can not be offended by posts there because you will not have access to that section, and life goes on with a lot less drama on this board.

And, I would not be very surprised if this thread should suddenly disappear sometime soon.
I have read every post on this thread. Finally someone explained how to sign-up. Thanks seven two 3fourD.
Oh... and you 2 Dave. LOL

-
Back