Please Help Me All Of You

-
Sorry, won't be able to come through with the Iraq plates. Leave in a few days and haven't got one yet. Besides, they would be considered a "war trophy" and I'd have to go through all kinds of red tape to get approval to keep them.

Does he sell them? {sorry didnt read the whole post if it been already coverd}
If so how much?
Can send a some old plates
and have them made up...

Have we heard of any pricing yet? Since I DJ cars shows in the summer I thought these might be cool to give away as door prizes with a little note saying who made them. I also do a veterans tribute car show in the fall and these would be extra cool for them. We also have an oldest and youngest vet contest and usually a military display of some sort. So if the price is right, I might just get several for the summer. Would also like to know if these were to get very popular, would he be interested in taking orders or is this just a hobby pace thing? I realize he is 87 so I don't want to swamp him with orders but maybe he could license the idea to someone, they produce them and give him a percentage. And while on the subject, does "he" have a name? I would like to refer to this great man by his proper name.

Have we heard of any pricing yet? Since I DJ cars shows in the summer I thought these might be cool to give away as door prizes with a little note saying who made them. I also do a veterans tribute car show in the fall and these would be extra cool for them. We also have an oldest and youngest vet contest and usually a military display of some sort. So if the price is right, I might just get several for the summer. Would also like to know if these were to get very popular, would he be interested in taking orders or is this just a hobby pace thing? I realize he is 87 so I don't want to swamp him with orders but maybe he could license the idea to someone, they produce them and give him a percentage. And while on the subject, does "he" have a name? I would like to refer to this great man by his proper name.

his name is Raymond Jaegers.
I am sure he would sell these. I have never asked. he just brings a box in every once in a while and gives them to us. he usually uses our old dealer tags. says it is a hobby that keeps him going..can't wait to see if this excites him or not..

i would have to check through the pile of tags. but off hand i do not remember a maine. although that does not mean there is not one i am forgeting about..
thanks

his name is Raymond Jaegers.
I am sure he would sell these. I have never asked. he just brings a box in every once in a while and gives them to us. he usually uses our old dealer tags. says it is a hobby that keeps him going..can't wait to see if this excites him or not..

Alot of plates collected........Great gathering from this group at FABO :cheers:

Are you ready to present them yet ? :toothy10:

I got a few Idaho ones, I also got some EMT and Utah State Aggies plates. three different styles of reg Utah plates and some Cali plates. Will be sending them this weekend.

maybe next week. i am going to call him and let him know he needs to come to the dealership. plus i just got a new job tonight if i want to take it. so i may not be there very much longer.

i left a message on his machine today. on lunch hour.
i go in trouble at work by the owner. told me i should spend more time bringing work into the shop and should spend less time with b.s stuff like this. i was so f#%##$* pissed. i am doing this at home on my time for a good customer. he has bought a couple cars here. i have not spent 1 minute on work timing doing any of this. and i believe it builds customer relations plus i am sure the old man has friends that buy cars and might consider buying one from us for people like us trying to do him a favor by getting him some license plates.

Some will never understand "do-gooders"
Never should have clued him in.
Hope this doesn't hurt your job status.

Did you get the "33" plate?

LCjeff

Post pics, unless it turns into a bad scene.

Jeremy: Just dropped 2 from Iowa and 1 from Ill. in the mail. Why don;t you post those states that you don't have so we can focus on what we need. Glad to help buddy. Come and see me.

Jeremy: Just dropped 2 from Iowa and 1 from Ill. in the mail. Why don;t you post those states that you don't have so we can focus on what we need. Glad to help buddy. Come and see me.

i will get them out of the car tomorrow night and go through them and post,.
i will definately make it down there later month or sometime in march. thinking about bringing the big block dart down and maybe going down to that george rays? drag strip. maybe? might just come in the van. not sure. but i will definatlely make it down there.

I picked up one of each of "Victoria", "New South Wales", "ACT" and "South Australia" yesterday at a swapmeet - will mail them out this week.

Dean.

I guess it wouldn't have done you any good to argue the point that you were doing this on your own time :bootysha: meh...

What you are doing is inspiring. That fact that so many people have chipped in is even more so. I hope to see many smiles imortalized in picture when this all comes together. What would be cool is if some of us that contributed could be there when the presentations is made. To bad I am all the way in NW Washington :( *

j

*not really ;)

j

i spoke with raymond on the phone about 10 minutes ago. he has been waiting for his next oil change to come up to get the license plates. he lives about 60 miles from the dealership and does not want to make a drive up. he said he is planning on coming up next week. said he should have enough miles on the car for his servicing. i also have a bottle of touchup paint in stock for him to pick up. i told him what i have. he is very excited. here is a picture of what i have received. i received 4 license plates from australia. ( way cool ) i want to thank all whom has participated in this. next week will be here soon..

DSC01925.JPG

DSC01926.JPG

DSC01927.JPG

DSC01928.JPG

DSC01929.JPG

How many did you end up getting? Did you get at least one from each state? I'm glad to see you got the Alaska plate I sent. I too can't wait to see the expressions on your friends face. :)

j

Any update on this thread? Just wondering if the gentleman got all those plates that were sent and what his reaction was.

We're coming up on almost three months since the last update. I am sure people would like to know what happened to their plates and see pics of the recipient with them. What's the scoop?

-
Back