please help me!!!

-

dusterboyy440

Reaction score
Hey guys i took my front end off my 70 duster awhile back, and im finally starting to put it back togethor but i dont remember exactly how too! so if anybody can remind me where the strut rod bushings go and wat the torque specs are...also on the torsion bars should they be put into the LCAs when theyre are hanging down or when they are raised, or does it even matter?? and i got 73 rotors but i have 70 control arms and knuckles will that work??thanks for the help -chris

Sounds like you should get a factory service manual. Chilton, Haynes etc. Your local auto parts store should have them.

Install TBs before tightening strut rods. Put TBs into LCAs hanging down and UCA bump stop removed. "Loosen" jack screw until top of screw allows tab in LCA to contact block on jack screw. Hold tab down on block while inserting bar.

Once TBs are installed, the strut rods can be tightented to 110 ft/lbs in front, and 30 ft/lbs on the nut in the rear. Before adjusting jack screws, bounce car up and down or move fore and aft a few feet to allow tires to sit properly on pavement. Remember to re-install UCA bump stop.

Put TBs into LCAs hanging down and UCA bump stop removed. "Loosen" jack screw until top of screw allows tab in LCA to contact block on jack screw. Hold tab down on block while inserting bar.
HUH!?

Um, the way I did it was to install the T-bars into the loose and hanging LCA's and crank the T-bars adjusting bolt to about a inch of total height. While this is a extremely ruff way because it now requires you to bring the car down for a check and back up for an adjustment several times until your happy.

Then what 2 darts said about the strut rod.

I'm not sure about the disc onto the splindle seal. Are they disc spindles?

yeah i believe they are disc spindles..how do u tell diffrence between disc spindles n drum spindles

-
Back