Please HELP on best place to buy carpet

-

65barracudadude

Reaction score
I need new carpet for my '65 barracuda. Theres plenty on ebay but only one dude that sells the whole kit. And I dont know anything about them. Does anyone have any suggestions???? Thanks.

I just ordered carpet for my 63 Dart from JC Whitney. Looks really good although I haven't installed it yet. It matches up well with the one I pulled out. Also got a trunk seal at the same time. Both pieces for 204 including shipping. Thought I got a good deal. Not sure about your fish but you might want to check it out. Mike

How about Auto Custom Carpet? Just about every aftermarket dealer selling carpet is getting it from them. Look them up on the web, or try Hardens Muscle Car World, I know they sell ACC. Good luck, Geof

Who sells a ONE PIECE, MOLDED carpet for 73 and up? I know that Yearone has the crappy 2 piece that involves more trimming than anything.

Are you guys checking with Legendary?? I can't find my catalog, but i'll drum it up if I have to. I'm sure they have the 66 carpet, even the back section. Its a 9 or 11 piece kit. I think they get it from ACC though, still your best bet. Geof

Are you guys checking with Legendary?? I can't find my catalog, but i'll drum it up if I have to. I'm sure they have the 66 carpet, even the back section. Its a 9 or 11 piece kit. I think they get it from ACC though, still your best bet. Geof

I ordered a complete upholstery kit including carpet from Legendary and the carpeting was shipped directly from the manufacturer - yep ACC (and the upholstery was spot on too).

Yep auto custom carpets is the best place I have found,make sure it is the complete kit when ordering for the barracuda with the extra carpeting for the back of the seat and rear floor and panel area, 360scamp....they also have nice molded carpet for the later a body's.I have their carpet sets in my duster demon and my 66 cuda and also in my sisters mustang which was installed over 7 years ago and is still looking nice.
How about Auto Custom Carpet? Just about every aftermarket dealer selling carpet is getting it from them. Look them up on the web, or try Hardens Muscle Car World, I know they sell ACC. Good luck, Geof

StockInteriors.com

Great price, fabulous quality, free samples to look at ahead of time, lots of color / texture choices, lightspeed shipping and terrific customer service.

StockInteriors.com

Great price, fabulous quality, free samples to look at ahead of time, lots of color / texture choices, lightspeed shipping and terrific customer service.

God damn Leanna, I love you!!! :love7::love7::love7: That is what I wanted and it is cheaper than the others.

Awwwwwwww shucks ...... happy to help you Scampy!

I found out the same thing when looking for FB carpet. ACC has some, but not all of it. I ordered a carpet kit years and years ago from The Paddock and, when the time came to install it, I realized I had a 64-66 setup for a 4-speed instead of a 67-69 automatic. It was too late to return it so I had to figure out something else. The ENTIRE carpet set for my Fastback -- including the console edges, fastback portion and everything was less than $250 including the shipping. I was and still am impressed with it. Hope you're as happy as I am.

....they also have nice molded carpet for the later a body's.

They will also do other car lines as well in whatever type carpeting you want. I had an Aspen that needed carpet but didn't want the original plush stuff. so I ordered the 80/20 style. A customer service rep actually called me to confirm and to let me know it was not correct for an Aspen. Said they would do it but was not returnable since it was for a non-stock application. Great customer service!

OK question on the carpet. I have a 64 Dart, it is an auto car but of course I have added a b&M floor mounted shifter. Should I get 4speed carpet or do I need to do something special? What have others done, and Leanna, thanks for this link, this seems like a good place to get the carpet from. I see they have heavier weights and backings etc.

Anyone have any feed back on those other weights, backings etc?

thanks all!

you still got that carpet set for the 64-66?
Awwwwwwww shucks ...... happy to help you Scampy!

I found out the same thing when looking for FB carpet. ACC has some, but not all of it. I ordered a carpet kit years and years ago from The Paddock and, when the time came to install it, I realized I had a 64-66 setup for a 4-speed instead of a 67-69 automatic. It was too late to return it so I had to figure out something else. The ENTIRE carpet set for my Fastback -- including the console edges, fastback portion and everything was less than $250 including the shipping. I was and still am impressed with it. Hope you're as happy as I am.

Yep. call Jamie @ ACC in Anniston Alabama. 1-800-633-2358. I work a few blocks from them. Bought lots of carpet there. i hobby around with custom interior work and they always seem to be helpful.

Yep. call Jamie @ ACC in Anniston Alabama. 1-800-633-2358. I work a few blocks from them. Bought lots of carpet there. i hobby around with custom interior work and they always seem to be helpful.

Redoing a 68 s/s Dart and a 68 s/s Cuda and trying to find the ACC info and found it here. Thanks guys. Sled City Fiberglass

Sad too the OP was always a positive guy on here but something happened and he just disappeared.
Sometimes it's good to resurrect something. From all my searching for carpet for the 2 S/S cars, I wound up at my friends business. I didn't know he sold carpet. kramers Automotive in Penn.state, and they sell ACC carpet and will work with me for all the extra material that I need for the seat delete area. No other company would. It seems that ACC does not sell to the public anymore , but Jamie still works there. Thanks guys for helping out and yes this is an update to a good old thread.:coffee2:

-
Back