Please pray for Kitty.

-
Any news Rob?

Yup. We have a plan. The blockage is huge. The artery is 100% blocked from her neck to behind her left eye. So there's no unblocking it.

She has veins in her brain that a lot of people don't that run front to back, so the doctor says she has a lot of collateral circulation. More than enough to make up for the blocked artery.

So the regime now is to get her on some blood thinners and make sure the rest of her heart medication is right and in check with everything else.

Said "maybe" Sunday for gettin outta here.

The bad part is, some of the blockage "could" break loose at any time and cause yet another stroke. The doctor said although it is possible, it is not very probable. I hope he is right.

wow - - I am sure the Dr. already told how incredibly luck you guys just got - you two dodged it BIG time - amazing.. - don't know what the right words are here - but I am glad to read that the news is good!! By the grace of God Rob.. Amen

Prayers to you and yours, best wishes

Yup. We have a plan. The blockage is huge. The artery is 100% blocked from her neck to behind her left eye. So there's no unblocking it.

She has veins in her brain that a lot of people don't that run front to back, so the doctor says she has a lot of collateral circulation. More than enough to make up for the blocked artery.

So the regime now is to get her on some blood thinners and make sure the rest of her heart medication is right and in check with everything else.

Said "maybe" Sunday for gettin outta here.

The bad part is, some of the blockage "could" break loose at any time and cause yet another stroke. The doctor said although it is possible, it is not very probable. I hope he is right.

Us to Rob, scary stuff. We'll be thinking of you guys and saying a little prayer.

Can't say it any better.

I learned some interesting statistics today.

There are 800,000 strokes a year in the US. That's EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND.

Only 6% of that number meets the criteria for administering the clot buster drug. Of that 6%, only about 2% have the stroke deficits disappear. Kitty is in that 2%.

Rob,
Continuing to pray for you and Kitty. Praying for a speedy recovery and also for continued blessings.

That's great news! Sunday would be great but it all sounds soon all things considered, hang in there.

Kitty is home now. I went to get her a little while ago after I got off work.

Prayers sent! Scary stuff but remember that God is always in control!

One day at a time. God bless you both with many happy years!

Glad to hear she is home. A close call always reminds us of what is most important in life. I hope for a speedy recovery and that the blockage doesn't budge a thousandths of an inch for the rest of both your lives!

Only 6% of that number meets the criteria for administering the clot buster drug. Of that 6%, only about 2% have the stroke deficits disappear. Kitty is in that 2%.

Even the statistics say that she's one in a million....

Glad she's on the good side of that statistic...

Very sorry to hear about this. Hoping for a fast and full recovery.

It's been a hell of a year already. Two old friends from high school had strokes this year. One is in a long term care facility now with poor prognosis, at 54 years old :(

-
Back