Please reasd this

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
OK guys Winter is here.

Everyone is spending less time outside working on the cars and more time on the computer. I realize a lot of us get grumpy and crazy from the cold and being stuck in doors but we need to watch what we say and post.

In the last few weeks I have had over a dozen PM about posts and memebers fighting. I have locked threads, Moved thread to private forums and banned members. We are all adults here. I do not want to spend all winter baby sitting. I have a 2yo and 4 yo for that.

So some quick rules to follow.

.1.Watch the language. No need to curse every sentence

2.No nude pics on the main board. There are people under the age of 18 here and others looking. We also have women on board that dont want to see it. Women in bathing suite with cars are fine as long as they are taste full.

3.No flaming other members. I see anyone calling someone a Fag or anything of the such Im just going to ban you and get it over with. If you have a problem with some one, PM them, PM a mod or me or joey. Leave it off of the board.

4.Religion and Politics, They are not against the rules but 1. Most people wish they were and 2. Theres going to be someone that thinks your views are wrong and suck.

If you cant take the criticism, dont post it.

I dont want to have to run this place like the other boards but its getting a lot bigger and busier so its a lot more work for us.

Enjoy your holidays and lets get back on track.

Thanks, Adam

*** This is the policy of myself and all of the moderators as well. We want to keep FABO a fun and informative place. ***

Joeychgo
Admin, Forabodiesonly.com

Who are you calling !@@$%%# grumpy???? I got your #$%$ grumpy you soryy %$#$# !!!!!! WHat gives you the @#$$# right to tell us how to act ???? Just kidding , I see exactly what you are getting at..

I agree Adam,

This has been a great forum and gathering place with a wealth of knowlege.
Let's keep it this way.

All the best!

I have to agree also. I come here for Mopar stuff, if I want all the other stuff there are sites I can go to for those. Keep up the good work.

Amen! Adam.

DSC00069(1) (Small).JPG

When I first joined seemed like people were much less grumpy. I have noticed more emotion and grumpiness.

I am glad to see you are taking steps to curtail this .

Bob

Gotta agree Adam.It seems some people develope "internet toughness" when masked by a computer screen.They say things they never would in person.I have abandoned other boards because of this.Forabodies has been relatively free of this crap.I really like this board and would hate to see it degraded by a few bad apples.
Please folks,keep it pleasant and lighthearted!

I must have missed the big scuffle and Im glad for it!

Like I said though, Its just a case of the winter blues. It happens every year. Its just more of a problem this year because of our growth.

Honestly, I will miss the occasional naked woman, however if the tables were turned and there were postings with pictures of naked men ,I could see how some women might feel offended by what has been posted here in the past. I`ve always enjoyed FABO and it`s lack of DRAMA for the most part, I hope it remains that way. Good job keeping it honest guys!

I agree Adam 100%, I've been on and have seen what other boards do and don't do, and I'm glad to be here and with a group of folks that like cars and performance. Kudos Sir for a job well done.

Bobby

I agree too, though sometimes I can come off as a smart a$$. However I do come here to talk about cars, car issues, car problems, car parts and to as some of my friends call it "Preach the gospel of old Mopars"

Hope everyone here had a Merry Christmas and has a Happy Mopar New Year! :)

TopHat

I think you are seeing a mass migration from Moparts? Since I have missed these posts will you please re post them for my entertainment? Just Kidding Adam. Enjoy your holiday and children. Yours truly Lonnie Smith and Family. (formerly 9secsmallblock)

I think you are seeing a mass migration from Moparts? (formerly 9secsmallblock)

I hope that's not true! I'm a member their but don't post,they have far to many internet tough guys for my taste!

I have been a member here for a long time,i'm one of the few remaining original members.Over the last couple years i have seen this site grow leaps and bounds and it has always been a good place to hang out with all our great members but i can see it slowly starting to get like moparts with all the arguing and fighting.
So guys lets try harder to get along and keep this the best site on the net and let all the other crap to the other boards!

Another thumbs up from me and mine.. I'm a member of a few other boards but this is my home because of the people here. Nothing more aggravating than doing a search for some info and finding 12 page post with bashing going on and no resolution in sight for the poor soul that needs help.. and AMEN the internet is full of obscenities no need for them here.. ( if I want 'em I'll go looking for trouble... :lol: )

This is why I chose this board. The people were friendly and didn't get on you for asking a stupid question. I've worked on cars for almost 40 years. Do I know every thing, no. That's why I depend on FABO. Very knowledgeable people here. Lets keep it user friendly.

Fred B

Yep. A friendly forum for sure. Much better than the rest. IMO.

This is why I chose this board. The people were friendly and didn't get on you for asking a stupid question. I've worked on cars for almost 40 years. Do I know every thing, no. That's why I depend on FABO. Very knowledgeable people here. Lets keep it user friendly.

Fred B

Argh captain-Adam couldn't agree more. (that's why I left Moparts and BB dart)

Good point Fred, if a person thinks he's an expert on everything Mopar then he's stopped learning and the best place for so called experts is Moparts. It's alright to trash Moparts right or am I in deep doodoo again.

Terry

Well said AdamR!!:notworth:
This has been my home for awhile know, and I did my very first post in my life here,:shock:and I have learned more then anyone could ever imagine here at fabo.
Thanks to you all,
So lets keep it neat on this great site.
AdamR! I hope you and your family have a good one, and a better one tomorrow.:thumblef:

Yes Terry, it is quite alright to bash moparts, we shall stay small and cosy, but with more members all the time. Lets set an example for all the new members.
While on the subject, we need to educate everyone on the value of archiving, before posting a new thread. A lot of these topics have already had threads dedicated, and it takes only a minute to scroll back through.
But I do miss the ladies pics already :(

You mean there is other Mopar boards? I always thought this was the only one.

I understand completely and will try to watch my manners.

Thank's Adam for taking a stand. I've noticed a change in the posting also.
Some of it is offensive and not what I want to see or hear.

:scratch: I must have missed something while on sabbatical. No worries though, it's hot down here so I stay inside a lot, I'm used to it.

-
Back