Plymouth Instrument Cluster 1964 vs. 1965

-

hemitheus

19? Plymouth Scampenstein
Reaction score
Are the instrument clusters from 64 and 65 valiants and cudas interchangable?

I have a 64 but like the dual pod look of the 65 cars. Is this a buy it, plug it in and drive swap? :downtown:

Thanks

The shape of the bezel is different and the mounting screws are in a different spot. It might look funny where the plastic instrument cluster bezel meets the aluminum switch bezel as the angles are different. Wiring differences should be minor.

Are the instrument clusters from 64 and 65 valiants and cudas interchangable?

I have a 64 but like the dual pod look of the 65 cars. Is this a buy it, plug it in and drive swap? :downtown:

Thanks

The shape of the bezel is different and the mounting screws are in a different spot. It might look funny where the plastic instrument cluster bezel meets the aluminum switch bezel as the angles are different. Wiring differences should be minor.

Cudamark is correct, I wanted to do this swap, after I got the used '65
Valiant bezel here i was bummed. :(

Lee

So is it just the outer bezel shape that is off?

Lets say I grew a wild hair up my tailpipe and I made a mold of the 64 and 65 bezel. Cast them both in plastic and grafted the inner on the 65 into the outer of the 64, smoothed the ribs all even and pretty like... everything is peachy?

a little photo searching...AS aforementioned, the mounting screws dont match. So the bowed sides are the real problem. Does anyone know if the connections on back are all the same?

64vs65.jpg

I noticed awhile back that the screws were different also and the trim. I've got bot cluster also in the shop.

So is it just the outer bezel shape that is off?

Lets say I grew a wild hair up my tailpipe and I made a mold of the 64 and 65 bezel. Cast them both in plastic and grafted the inner on the 65 into the outer of the 64, smoothed the ribs all even and pretty like... everything is peachy?

The rear setups are different, with how the speedo cluster is shaped too.
After I found the whole cluster was different;
I was going to change the speedometer to the 120mph one,
too much difference. :(

waah
Lee

Oh well. Sticking with the 64 setup. :Shrugs: I have a good lead on a NOS 64 cluster... But something that pristine I may sell rather than keep if i get my hands on it, Just refinish mine.

Why would you want one of those ugly old 65 clusters? Spiff up your 64.

Attachments

• DSC02583.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 338
I think the best cluster is from the 66 Cuda. I am putting a complete 66 dash in my 65 Valiant.

64 and 65 will work with modifications, 64 just as a "turn" light. 65 has arrows. 65's are better because they don't have an internal voltage regulator like the 64.

I think the best cluster is from the 66 Cuda. I am putting a complete 66 dash in my 65 Valiant.

Doing the same thing with my 65 Dart wagon

Commando66 said:
Why would yoiu want one of those ugly 65 cluster? Spiff up your 64

Oh, I don't know. The 65's look pretty nice too!

Attachments

• instrument cluster 006.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 310
I was just giving him a hard time. He was talking to me about my 65 cluster that's pictured above. I like 'em all.

My 64 Cluster was done....lol So I had this one fabbed up out of aluminum....it's not finished yet....still have to fillet the welds and then off to be powder-coated....the surround will be polished.

Gauges are from "Marshal" Mopar Muscle Style

DSC08342.jpg

Rickster

My 64 Cluster was done....lol So I had this one fabbed up out of aluminum....it's not finished yet....still have to fillet the welds and then off to be powder-coated....the surround will be polished.

Gauges are from "Marshal" Mopar Muscle Style

DSC08342.jpg

Rickster

SAHWEEEEEEEET... what does an assembly like that setcha back?

-
Back