Pointless discussion....

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
If you were drunk on a horse, would that be DUI?

The horse probably has more common sense then a drunk driver. I can see a horse overriding the riders commands to avoid a wreck, whereas the drunk driver has already displayed his/her inability to make the proper decision.

I guess a horse is smarter then a smart car lol.

I think you could argue out of it in court. You could say that the horse is ultimately in control. lol

Yep. Also there have been people arrested on bicycles and riding lawn mowers.

Yeah George Jones (RIP) more than once on a riding mower. But still, a horse is a sentient being and can think and reason. I think the argument that the horse is more in control of the situation than a drunk human. lol "But your honor, he knew his way home, all I had to do was sit there" LMAO

Rob, is this one of those... "I know a friend of a friend" stories??? Do you have something you need to share! LOL Kidding my friend!

back 10 years ago or so a old man from summerside pei was at a friends house drinkin shine all day he went out to his wagon and passed out in the back and the horse went home about 2 miles up the road the cop followed them right to the barn and charge him with d. u. I . he fought it in court but lost .

I think the argument that the horse is more in control of the situation than a drunk human. lol "But your honor, he knew his way home, all I had to do was sit there" LMAO

I seem to recall hearing about a case of DUI (probably 5-6 years ago) being dismissed because the guy being charged proved that the horse indeed did know its way home and could do so without commands

If it was a ride on lawn mower..it would be yes and you would lose the use of your car !

In most situations, public intoxication is illegal even if your on your feet on a sidewalk

If you were drunk, how could you get on the horse?
For that matter, wouldn't the saloon owner be partially at fault for giving you back your reins?

If you were drunk, how could you get on the horse?
For that matter, wouldn't the saloon owner be partially at fault for giving you back your reins?

That post made me remember the game Red Dead Redemption. You could get drunk in that game, stagger back to your horse and face plant the ground if you failed to climb up onto the horse.

One time while I was playing, the character kept falling over instead of getting on the horse... So I did the only logical thing... I punched out the horse and then skinned it with a knife right in the middle of the town.

"Gee officer, I had to drive.................I was too drunk to walk" lol

Not trying to get off topic here but man, I am thankful I don't drive while, hell I don't drink anymore. I do have an occasional beer if out to dinner with the wife every now and then, maybe 3-4 beers a year but there was a time many years ago with my old friends none of us thought to much about being drunk or had been drinking and driving home. Was always I aint had that much to drink. Thank the good Lord nothing ever happened.

I was in a bar years ago, a guy drove a back hoe there, they got him for dui.

-
Back