Pointless discussion....

-
Dang Rob did you get a DUI for riding a horse or what is the real reason for this thread? Fess up.....

Read the thread title. I don't know why. It just popped into my head. I thought it would make for some good light hearted conversation. So far so good. lol

Rob, actually interesting and hell funny too! I thought I saw a car on TV for blind people..........For them to get around. How does that work if your drunk? Just sayin not tellin...LMAO

Yeah I keep seein news stories every once in a while about how cars will drive themselves one day. That should make the DUI arrests plummet. lol

Horses, drinking, and DUI.......I'll bet Wilbur knows the answer.....

:-D:-D:-D

Attachments

• Mr. Ed.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 90
That's Lee Marvin in Cat Ballou. One of my favorites.

I heard of a guy once rode his horse to the saloon and got drunk.
To play a trick on him, his buddies put the saddle of the horse on backwards while he was in drinking.
He left at closing time and the cops stopped him while he was riding home, yelling and cussing all of the way.
The cop asked him why he was so mad, and the guy replies:
''Some jerk cut the head off my horse while i was in the saloon and now i have to steer him home with my finger in his wind pipe.''
The cop gave him a ride home, laughing so hard that he didn't have the heart to give him a D.U.I.

Here is what I know about the Colorado state laws, surrounding the DUI, while riding a horse, or any horse drawn vehicle;

It is called an Equine DUI. The court will favor the city charges, because the person cited is viewed as responsible for the animal, negating any intelligence of the animal. If the horse is responsible for the rider, you could argue that they don't need riders. It doesn't work that way.

-
Back