Did all Dart Swingers come with Rally dash

• Yes

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • No

Votes: 188 97.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
I like them so much better than the standard dash, I went and bought a complete rally dash setup for my car.

Just think... if this simple and common knowledge of a point is lost to some 40 years later... what is it going to be like 20 years from now. Who will remember the truth? This is such a basic fact, someone who disputes it just simply doesn't have any idea what they're talking about and shouldn't be so confident.

Those who believe every 2nd gen Barracuda got a rally dash would be wrong also.
There were right hand drive builds. No rally panel available for those.
( I would have to fabricate one if I owned a rhd fish ).
Bottom line, The rally panel was in all of nothing.

I don't know how they COULD offer a rally dash in a non-340 swinger, or non-V8, that is!......those tachs are wired/calibrated for 8-cylinder cars. They would've had to have had a separate part number for a 6 cylinder tach.

Right?

Performance/Vacuum gauge or a clock.

I was talking about the years. I have had a 71 Swinger, and I currently have a 70 Swinger. Sorry for the mix up. I meant that Swingers were made in more than two years, 69 and 70.

Only 70 340 Swinger came with a FACTORY RALLYE DASH. 68-69 Swinger, GTS, 340/ 383/ 440 m-code did not. Also 71-72 340 Swinger ( WESTERN SPECIAL), DEALER ORDERED from CROSSTOWN in EDMONTON, OR PEMBINA in SASKATCHEWAN, did not EITHER.

Not sure if the dash really matters unless its good for a couple tenths on the quarter.... Do the rally dash cars pull the wheels any higher?

Not sure if the dash really matters unless its good for a couple tenths on the quarter.... Do the rally dash cars pull the wheels any higher?

Well having the rally dash means you also get the 340. So.....YES they are good for more than a few tenths. :D

I ordered a new 1969 Swinger 340, 4 speed (Hurst Mystery Shifter), tires upgraded to G70X14's (the largest they would put on at the factory), 355 posi-trac's and it did not have the Rallye Dash. So no.

I just wonder who the 4 dumbasses are on this board who posted "yes"

-
Back