Pontiac designed a Hemi too

-

missing linc

Loose nut behind the wheel
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
RA-5 engines never really made it into production. But there are some out there

Production means being made by the many ether for race teams or for cars for the people.

The factory (all car manufacturers) have made experimental engines and some were racing engines. The Chrysler example was the ball stud HEMI in which only a few were made and 1 or 2 survive.

Another Chrysler example is the Turbine car. A few were made and fewer survive. The jet engine (for lack of better terms) that powered the car was made and installed and worked. (Very well from what I have read) but never sold to the public at dealers.

They created and made the engine and/or car but never produced it for consumption for the public. Don’t confuse that with production. Production is mass produced for purchase.

How about the 1st gen. Slanty heads in Al-U-minimum, or the late '70's parallel Slanty heads to the 2.2/2.5 ones, bathtub chambers, Al-U-minimum, plus factory cast turbo exh. manny & cast/welded turbo intake manny..??? They're out there, never produced, not even close..

How about the 1st gen. Slanty heads in Al-U-minimum, or the late '70's parallel Slanty heads to the 2.2/2.5 ones, bathtub chambers, Al-U-minimum, plus factory cast turbo exh. manny & cast/welded turbo intake manny..??? They're out there, never produced, not even close..
Or the factory cast iron closed chamber slant 6 head? I know a guy......

Also don't forget all of the work Mickey Thompson did on his Pontiac hemi heads.

Aluminum slant 6 heads did make it into production. I have seen a few sets .

Or the factory cast iron closed chamber slant 6 head? I know a guy......
But Yours was actually produced, albeit covertly in extremely limited numbers, I should take a week to scour anywhere that has ***-burns & Woelare`s for them....lol!!
I may have actually had one & not known it in the mid-'90's, the things You learn(surprises) about Mopar..:rolleyes:

Aluminum slant 6 heads did make it into production. I have seen a few sets .
Manufactured or produced?, ...... there's a difference... I've never seen one on a production car, I've posted pics of the ones I've referenced above, We know they exist...just not in a production car. If You have a revelation for Us tho', We're all eyes & ears!!

But Yours was actually produced, albeit covertly in extremely limited numbers, I should take a week to scour anywhere that has ***-burns & Woelare`s for them....lol!!
I may have actually had one & not known it in the mid-'90's, the things You learn(surprises) about Mopar..:rolleyes:
Yeah that's what the guy I got it from said it came off of. A 77 Volare. Said he and his son took it off and that it was very obviously an original untouched car. According to what Doug Dutra said, there were only about five or so made....and of course he has one, too. lol

Yeah that's what the guy I got it from said it came off of. A 77 Volare. Said he and his son took it off and that it was very obviously an original untouched car. According to what Doug Dutra said, there were only about five or so made....and of course he has one, too. lol
Think about the line on those odds!!!

Production means being made by the many ether for race teams or for cars for the people.

The factory (all car manufacturers) have made experimental engines and some were racing engines. The Chrysler example was the ball stud HEMI in which only a few were made and 1 or 2 survive.

Another Chrysler example is the Turbine car. A few were made and fewer survive. The jet engine (for lack of better terms) that powered the car was made and installed and worked. (Very well from what I have read) but never sold to the public at dealers.

They created and made the engine and/or car but never produced it for consumption for the public. Don’t confuse that with production. Production is mass produced for purchase.
If I remember correctly, the reason why Chrysler never put the turbine car into production was because of the heat that it developed I remember reading about it as a teenager. I believe that Jay Leno has one other than that I have to idea of how many others may still be around. I'm sure that there's one in the Chrysler museum.

If I remember correctly, the reason why Chrysler never put the turbine car into production was because of the heat that it developed I remember reading about it as a teenager. I believe that Jay Leno has one other than that I have to idea of how many others may still be around. I'm sure that there's one in the Chrysler museum.
Yes, Jay Leno has one he bought from the Chrysler museum the last time Chrysler almost went belly up. There's a few more out there. Harrah's museum in Las Vegas had one. I don't know where that ended up. Chrysler may have kept one still.

Think about the line on those odds!!!
Exactly. According to what Doug said, those heads were never supposed to make it on any vehicle. Obviously, at least one did.

Yes, Jay Leno has one he bought from the Chrysler museum the last time Chrysler almost went belly up. There's a few more out there. Harrah's museum in Las Vegas had one. I don't know where that ended up. Chrysler may have kept one still.
....and he drives it! I don't know how regularly, but there's more than one video of him driving it down the road. That's just mega cool.

How many were made vs are left?

-
Back