Pop's '48 Studey

-

Jplush

Reaction score
not an A-body but though car people could appreciate a great car. My dad's toy. Hopefully we can hit a few rod runs together someday.
image.jpeg

What a great looking car. Love me a old Stude! My mom inherited a 49 from her dad in the early 60's. Even as a kid I loved that car.

In the early 60's, the security guard at Eisenhower high in Rialto, CA where I went to school drove a Study. God, I can still remember his name. It was Randy Taylor, and he was a hell of a guy.

Russ.

Love both Studes, in this thread. In high school someone was giving away a rust free 1955 Studebaker Speedster... If I had a place to keep it,I very likely would still have it.....

I'm just about finished with building this '59 Silver Hawk for my Daughter. I put in a new 350 Chevy motor, serpentine system, 700R4, Aluminum heads, Mustang II front suspension w/power steering, power brakes, etc, etc, etc. I getting the AC hooked up as we speak:

DSC04801.JPG
DSC04805.JPG
DSC05270.JPG

My daughter didn't want to have anything to do with a new car. We took her to many dealerships and she drove many new cars and refused to take any of them. She saw this car in a car book and told me that it was the car she wanted.

That Bullet Nose is KILLER!!!!!

treblig

That's sweet,Treblig...

Thanks!! Been working on it for a year. At least it's running and driving and inspected now. I'm building Ford 8 inch rear end (3.80 gears) to replace the 50 year old tapered axle Stude rear. I trying to make the car so that my daughter can get it fixed at almost any garage. Her 17th birthday is next week and if the AC guy doesn't hold me up too long she should be driving it soon.

Been working on it 24/7 leaving no time for my '69 Barracuda.. My driver's door lock stopped working and I haven't had time to fix it!!
Treblig

Those both look like sweet rides! I hope she appreciates what it is. My first car was a '68 Chevy Stepside. My sister's was '63 Valiant vert.

-
Back