Port my current M1 single plane or install the RPM Air Gap?

-
A593CDF0-705C-44B5-B455-71E138C8D793.gif

There's no way in the holy hell world I'd buy another intake if I already had one.

Is that anti reversion setup going to fit under your hood?

I have an old Moroso air cleaner and it just fits under my hood with an M1. Had to clearance the bottom plate for linkage clearance.

I’d think there would be a drop base with better carb clearance?

He already has both manifolds... The Air Gap is on a truck that's currently needing work..
I understand. No way will that air gap out perform that single plane for all out power. No way.

i guess i should of read the title better i thought he was comparing a m1 duel plane to an air gap . i recently watched engine masters compare the 2 and the rpm was up like close to 30 hp .

i guess i should of read the title better i thought he was comparing a m1 duel plane to an air gap . i recently watched engine masters compare the 2 and the rpm was up like close to 30 hp .
I'd have to see it for myself. Engine Masters is a joke like all the other magazines and tv shows. Whoever their biggest paid sponsor is they sway to. I don't trust anything.

I'd have to see it for myself. Engine Masters is a joke like all the other magazines and tv shows. Whoever their biggest paid sponsor is they sway to. I don't trust anything.

yes they probably mess with the dyno numbers .

The X pipe is from Dr Gas the rest is TTI. I ordered a cam and RHS cast iron X heads for the 408 in my truck from Brian at IMM and I asked if he had tested X pipes as I like the sound and wanted them on everything no matter how difficult they are to plumb correctly. I had mentioned my Dusters exhaust telling him I was considering stepping it up to 3" at the exit of the X and 3" all the way out and installing that X on my truck. Brian said there was power to be kept by not going 3" and leaving it as is on my car and getting new for the truck. Was he saving me work or keeping me from making the car worse IDK?
It’s to hard to tell from here, so I’m more so inclined to just say, I agree with him. Leave it.

yes they probably mess with the dyno numbers .
I'd purt near bank on it.
I suggest doing a little research before claiming they alter dyno numbers for a (magazine) tv show. I’m lucky to know Steve Brule and had engines dynod at westech and can tell you first hand he is one of the most honest people I’ve met. Making a statement like above is fine if you have proof. If not, don’t.

I agree with this. Making blanket statements of people you don’t know about them being dishonest and just being an advertisers puppet is pretty far reaching.

In the episode of engine masters being discussed, season 6 episode 102, called 5.9 magnum intake shootout, Richard Holdener ran the dyno as Brule was out of town. The episode was not sponsored by any of the vendors of parts used in the show. That alone should tell you no one has anything to gain by altering numbers in any way. I also have met, talked to a bunch, and loaned parts for dyno testing to Richard Holdener on a few occasions and I can tell you he is just as honest about dyno numbers as Brule is. Last thought, if anyone comes on here and says the M1 dual plane is better in any way (other than hood clearance) than an edlebrock rpm air gap, that person is full of it and hasn’t done any kind of real world testing at all. We all know the air gap is pretty much the industry standard as far as dual planes go. @jimjimjimmy you should pay closer attention, it wasn’t 30 better. Below are the results.
709FB32F-5AF8-4240-A6AB-88BD825C680C.png

In the episode of engine masters being discussed, season 6 episode 102, called 5.9 magnum intake shootout, Richard Holdener ran the dyno as Brule was out of town. The episode was not sponsored by any of the vendors of parts used in the show. That alone should tell you no one has anything to gain by altering numbers in any way. I also have met, talked to a bunch, and loaned parts for dyno testing to Richard Holdener on a few occasions and I can tell you he is just as honest about dyno numbers as Brule is. Last thought, if anyone comes on here and says the M1 dual plane is better in any way (other than hood clearance) than an edlebrock rpm air gap, that person is full of it and hasn’t done any kind of real world testing at all. We all know the air gap is pretty much the industry standard as far as dual planes go. @jimjimjimmy you should pay closer attention, it wasn’t 30 better. Below are the results.
View attachment 1716032712
Was that testing done with a stock cam….

View attachment 1716032712

Yeah, I agree. I would bet my house that Mopar Performance didn't sponsor the episode on the back of their M1 dual plane, and we already know the Edelbrock Air Gap is pretty much the gold standard for dual plane small block manifolds anyway. The only thing we really learned in that episode is how much the modified kegger + aftermarket throttle body does better than the stock kegger.

I think possible (even likely) that UTAwesome gave Engine Masters the modified kegger intake and their aftermarket throttle body in the hopes that they would get some free advertising from Engine Masters. They got the free advertising, but I don't know if their products showing an additional 10 hp and 10 lb-ft does them any favors. Then again good EFI intakes for Magnums are either super rare or super expensive (or both) so maybe the average guy with a 2nd gen Ram who is looking for a bit more would go for it.

I have a 5.9 Magnum in my Dart running the factory EFI, so I was really hoping to see them compare the EFI intakes; stock kegger, modified kegger, Mopar M1 2bbl, Mopar M1 4bbl, and the Hughes (Edelbrock) Air Gap. The Hughes EFI Air Gap is basically just the Edelbrock carb Air Gap with injector bungs included in the casting. I'm interested in understanding how the Hughes Air Gap, which was originally designed as a wet flow manifold, would stack up against the EFI M1 manifolds, which were designed as dry flow manifolds.

Yeah, I agree. I would bet my house that Mopar Performance didn't sponsor the episode on the back of their M1 dual plane, and we already know the Edelbrock Air Gap is pretty much the gold standard for dual plane small block manifolds anyway. The only thing we really learned in that episode is how much the modified kegger + aftermarket throttle body does better than the stock kegger.

I think possible (even likely) that UTAwesome gave Engine Masters the modified kegger intake and their aftermarket throttle body in the hopes that they would get some free advertising from Engine Masters. They got the free advertising, but I don't know if their products showing an additional 10 hp and 10 lb-ft does them any favors. Then again good EFI intakes for Magnums are either super rare or super expensive (or both) so maybe the average guy with a 2nd gen Ram who is looking for a bit more would go for it.

I have a 5.9 Magnum in my Dart running the factory EFI, so I was really hoping to see them compare the EFI intakes; stock kegger, modified kegger, Mopar M1 2bbl, Mopar M1 4bbl, and the Hughes (Edelbrock) Air Gap. The Hughes EFI Air Gap is basically just the Edelbrock carb Air Gap with injector bungs included in the casting. I'm interested in understanding how the Hughes Air Gap, which was originally designed as a wet flow manifold, would stack up against the EFI M1 manifolds, which were designed as dry flow manifolds.
That would be a great test. Although I think the efi M1 was not “designed” as a dry flow manifold. Mopar took the M1 single and added bungs to it. At least I think so.

I suggest doing a little research before claiming they alter dyno numbers for a (magazine) tv show. I’m lucky to know Steve Brule and had engines dynod at westech and can tell you first hand he is one of the most honest people I’ve met. Making a statement like above is fine if you have proof. If not, don’t.
I'm entitled to my opinion, just like everyone else. I gave it. You can disagree, but you cannot tell me not to give it.

I agree with this. Making blanket statements of people you don’t know about them being dishonest and just being an advertisers puppet is pretty far reaching.
I've seen it too much to just believe everything I see like a dog lapping up gravy. Like I said, I gave my opinion. It's not my problem if yall don't like it.

I'm entitled to my opinion, just like everyone else. I gave it. You can disagree, but you cannot tell me not to give it.
I didn’t tell you not to give it. I told you to do some research before making slanderous statements like you did and forming an uneducated opinion. Which you did.

I think possible (even likely) that UTAwesome gave Engine Masters the modified kegger intake and their aftermarket throttle body in the hopes that they would get some free advertising from Engine Masters.
I’ll find out. I think you’re right on the money here.

I didn’t tell you not to give it. I told you to do some research before making slanderous statements like you did and forming an uneducated opinion. Which you did.
Yes you did. At the end of post #36. I don't have to have proof of **** to give an opinion. It's an opinion. That's what I think. There are sponsors involved, so I don't buy it right off the cuff and I'm not going to. I said nothing about your friend not being honest. I was talking about the relationship between the SHOW and its sponsors. I hope the information is correct, but I'm not buying it without proof that "I" can see and believe. I've seen too many times where sponsors have an effect on the outcome to just dive in.

Was that testing done with a stock cam….
I just re-watched the episode. The cam was not stock, but small when viewed through a performance lens: Comp 212° / 218° @ 0.050. The engine had stock heads, 1 ¾ primary tube headers, and of course electric water pump on the dyno.

Stock 5.9 cams were a little different over the years, but probably less than 200° of duration at 0.050 with valve lift being around .410 with the 1.6 rockers. That's not a mistake or a typo, the factory Magnum cams were miniature in size.

Yes you did. At the end of post #36. I don't have to have proof of **** to give an opinion. It's an opinion. That's what I think. There are sponsors involved, so I don't buy it right off the cuff and I'm not going to. I said nothing about your friend not being honest. I was talking about the relationship between the SHOW and its sponsors. I hope the information is correct, but I'm not buying it without proof that "I" can see and believe. I've seen too many times where sponsors have an effect on the outcome to just dive in.
The dyno numbers don’t come out of thin air. The man running the dyno is responsible for the numbers, posted on a show or not. So yea you did call in to question the integrity of a friend of mine who I know is genuine. Your opinion should be based on facts whether you want to give them or not. And in this case your opinion is wrong and unsupported jargon.

The dyno numbers don’t come out of thin air. The man running the dyno is responsible for the numbers, posted on a show or not. So yea you did call in to question the integrity of a friend of mine who I know is genuine. Your opinion should be based on facts whether you want to give them or not. And in this case your opinion is wrong and unsupported jargon.
Opinions are rarely based on fact. That's why they're opinions. In short, I can believe whatever the hell I want to. I just choose not to jump on the bandwagon right off the bat and that's my right, whether you like it or not. I completely respect that you believe it. I'm glad you do.

-
Back