Ported Indy VS open chamber ported W2

-
Hey Scampman sounds nice what cam and carb on that monster?

Its a Bullet cam, solid roller #504000
268/274 @.050
108 lobs sep
.435/.418 lob lift x 1.65 T@D rockers

Carb is a 880 that flows 950 I had built by Pro System's for my build. I had questioned there choice but they promised me it would get me down the track faster than any other carb choice. I must say I would not change a thing.

View attachment Pro Systems Carb.jpg

Scampman416, Thanks for the tour around town. you sure can eat up a lot of ground in just a couple gears! was a lot of fun.:burnout::cheers:

Its a Bullet cam, solid roller #504000
268/274 @.050
108 lobs sep
.435/.418 lob lift x 1.65 T@D rockers

Carb is a 880 that flows 950 I had built by Pro System's for my build. I had questioned there choice but they promised me it would get me down the track faster than any other carb choice. I must say I would not change a thing.

View attachment 280580
I am also running a Pro Systems Carb very nice piece

Scampman416, Thanks for the tour around town. you sure can eat up a lot of ground in just a couple gears! was a lot of fun.:burnout::cheers:
Ya you can't pull very long in third gear you just get going to fast for the street, 100 + mph in sec,s, I am a lot more use to it now, and a little more daring, but ho needs to loose there car to the in pound.:banghead:

LOL @ scampman. You have a good point. Well, at least around here in a sprawling suburb lasting 50 plus miles of congestion. 100+ MPH isn't easy to do much less safe.

Your running a domed slug now? With the open chambered Batten heads? What intake do you have now? You can't run an Edelbrock?
I might have to talk to you in 6 months about this Ted.

I found a rectangular port Weiand W2 on Ebay and bought it because I thought i might use it later. Originally I had a Holley Strip Dominator that has rectangular ports ( modified by previous owner ) which produced the worse 60' of any engine in my career (2.20). With my 2500 Stall converter and 10:1 compression it had ZERO bottom end. I changed to a hydraulic 232/237 @.050, 104 LSA ground with 3 degrees advance and Rhoads lifters. I ran it at Topgun (4000') RA of 5600' and with 3.23's it ran 12.80 and 103 MPH with a 1.75 60'. If I were not 70, I would consider 4000 stall and 4.30's. I bet it would be well into the 11's up here and maybe even 10's at Sacramento. This is the nice part of bench racing, I don't have to prove anything. LOL

I really miss those 1.50 60' times. Maybe 70aarcuda will let me make a pass in one of his fire breathers next year.

-
Back