Ported intakes

-
Seriously you Sk after the big belly laughing emoji?

Are you kidding me?

Lighten up Francisco!!!!

Fricking guys are making more than a doctor, to port an intake !!!!

No thanks

NOT to pic a fight! just a statement
Walk in that hand porter shoes for a day, a week. a mouth........a year if you can stomach it!
Porting is making 99 failures for that 1 HOME RUN.........Then you pull out your die grinder and end up erasing that 1 percent trying out another idea and another and other.......DAM found the the spring floor or Dam found water.
It take a vary patient person, to be, that person.
Everything is way easier on the other side of the fence.

Can you go in and clean up all the buggers in a port, Port match and radius the bowl a little, SURE! and it will flow and show improvement at the track!!!!
Every step from there is 10 steps back and one step forward. THIS MAY BE A LITTLE EXAGGERATED, BUT EVERY 5 CFM YOU GET THE MORE THAT IT IS SOO SO TRUE.:realcrazy::D

Porter makes a mistake, an intake or head goes down the tube.
Doctor makes a mistake, a possible life goes down the tube.
You do the math.

Porter makes a mistake, an intake or head goes down the tube.
Doctor makes a mistake, a possible life goes down the tube.
You do the math.
I'm not sure what your point is. Do you really think porters make more than doctors?? Besides, It's a totally voluntary system. No one HAS to have their heads or intake ported. If you decide after doing a cost-benefit analysis that it's not worth it, then don't have it done. Or learn how to do it yourself.

The majority on this forum enjoy tinkering around with their cars. So the cost/benefit analysis doesnt apply.
I really didnt need the horsepower I built into my current stroker motor... but I did it.

As far as the doctor vs porter pay discussion a surgeon would charge $100,00 + to do an operation that took 10 hrs0

I was in awe of the charges for my heart stents.
If I had to pay that cash I’d be dead today.

It's just come down to personal choice to have it ported or not, not every porter charges that high, Mike at b3 ported super Victor for a great cost, had him do it while he was porting my heads to.

Can anyone recommend someone who ports intakes. I'm in the process of building a new motor and wanted to get one of my intakes ported. Looked on Hughes website as they offer the service but they don't show any pics of ported intakes. Seems odd I wanted to see before and after pics.

Indy Intake getting our 4500 mod...we port intakes too. ;-)

163.JPG
161.JPG

165.JPG

167.JPG

168.JPG

...Agree 1000%. Find something else to spend your money on. I guarantee at the level of the vast majority of enthusiasts operate at money spent on porting an intake can give more value (better results) in terms of power by being spent somewhere else. ...

like extrude honing a 340 exhaust manifold log......:rofl:

I wonder if I should Port my DUAL QUAD TUNNEL RAM!
Seems to work fine on the street.
My heads I first time ground at them with some advice from my machine shop. Then after the best I could do I asked and paid for a couple of hours of pro touch up. I call this a mild port job.

What dualquad intakes that you have again?

OOOo boy, it's getting late for me....bed time....later....

(freakin night shift! LMAO!)

I havehave cheap on you can buy on Summit but does it matter I mean are there very restrictive dual quad, Rams?
:rofl:

Yes! Like breathing through a straw!
I'm hoping to get to this mutha (Or it's twinI have) next spring....
But as we know, all best plans are layed to waste when Mr. Murphy and the law show up.....
iPhone Pictures up to Jan 2014 171.jpg

-
Back