Post up your daily driver!

-

scamperly

Reaction score
Aside from your a-body, what do you drive?

My daily is a 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T 6MT

photo-28.jpg

I also own a '91 Daytona 2.5L 5MT, but it's for a cheap car challenge I'm doing end of august, and does not see daily duties, in fact, it doesn't even have plates!

Heres my 1985 toyota celica

celicasigggy.jpg

100hp, 5 speed, rear wheel drive with a factory 4 link setup. handles like its on rails. but its really down on power. Lots of tastefull modifications made. still more id like to do but, my dart will be getting most of my money and attention for a while.:thumblef:

DSCF0168.jpg

Ill add the busted ride. Got it for free and 4 years later
3 sohc motors.
1 dohc motors.
1 auto transmissions.
2 manual transmissions.
1 rear disc brake conversion.
1 set of fenders and hood.
2 bumpercovers.
3 new exhaust systems(all rusted or fell off)
1 New dashboard

Still having less money in a geo than any of my A bodies and a car that everyone hates because I wont let die!

Priceless!

I am a cheep date :cheers: I can't remember the last time I had a car payment.:happy10: My two son's put a new Blue and Gray paint job on him for a Christmas present two years ago 8) It's an ol miser tall gears and a 318 long box

Chevvvy 004.jpg

just turned over 20,000 miles. I drive it in the snow with a set of Blizzaks mounted on another set of Charger take off wheels. This picture is two years old, it now has a set of SRT 20 inch wheels, and I have put SRT suspension on it, to lower it some.

Challenger.jpg

All these pics were taken 5 minutes ago, in the nice Cali weather. :)

Here's my cuda as it sits today...
1494j7s.jpg

This is my 500 dollar special that I picked up over a month ago. 1993 Toyota Celica GT-S
It's a great car, and gets 25 MGP.

8zk35w.jpg

Here is my 77 Chevy 4x4 3/4 ton. Gas hog, only use it for dump runs, yard work, and no longer drive it daily as I have my toyota now, which is a HUGE savings on gas! I actually can save money now. LOL

xanew7.jpg

2pzea29.jpg

All these pics were taken 5 minutes ago, in the nice Cali weather. :)

Here's my cuda as it sits today...

What the deal with the other chevy in the driveway?

That's my brother's 78 GMC 1 ton 4x4. Dana 60 front, 14 bolt full floater rear, all wheel disc brakes, turbo 400 tranny, 205 transfer case, 4.88 gears, 8 inch spring lift, 38 inch super swampers..and a big block 502 chevy with aluminum heads....thats his toy he's been building the past few years. lol

91 Nissan Pathfinder. I got it for 1300 bucks. Then I got hit in the passenger dorr and got a check for 4k from his insurance. Runs great and with the moto hitch I can still haul my dirt bike.

My little ICBC write-off score. (That's our local insurance company in BC)

A small dent in the hood, and on the front of the fender. A broken headlight, marker light and grille, and the bumper was pushed in some. I couldn't believe that they would write-off such a sweet little truck. OK, it had almost 400K kilometers on her, but everything was cherry.

The grille cost me a box of beer, $50 for replacement lights, a couple towing bills and inspection charges and I'm all set for $1000.

1995 Mazda B-2300, 2.3L w/5spd manual. It came with a nice stereo, all new brakes including new springs etc. I picked up a nice white canopy for free, and got some American Racing rims on her now, which were also free, just had to send one in to have it straightened after an accident in the car that I got them off of.

A darn sight cheaper to operate than my 1986 F-250, with the 12:1 fresh .040 over 460 that I had built for it. Even running it on propane it was costing a fortune to drive.

IMG_2131.JPG

IMG_2132.JPG

IMG_2134.JPG

Currently my 98 Dakota R/T, soon to be up for sale. Want to go a-body daily driver.

Oldschoolcuda

parts5 312.jpg

parts5 318.jpg

This is my daily driver! I drive it right through the nasty Ontario winters and have for the past 4.5 years that I've had the car. I also know that the previous/original owner drove it daily as well. I just swap the tires & rims for the winter and carry on driving. The car is a 2002 Neon 2.0L, 5spd and loaded, it's a fun little car (not near as much fun as the Dart though) but it's still just a Neon. The 1st pic is just a couple weeks ago when I put my new rims on and the other 2 pics are 2 summers ago when I was showing the car I got a 2nd place trophy in the sport compact class out of 15 cars in the class. I no longer show the car as I just don't have the time to clean it constantly, it took 5 hours to get it ready for that show as it is and always was a daily driver.

Aside from your a-body, what do you drive?

My daily is a 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T 6MT

photo-28.jpg

I also own a '91 Daytona 2.5L 5MT, but it's for a cheap car challenge I'm doing end of august, and does not see daily duties, in fact, it doesn't even have plates!

So, how do you like the Genesis Coupe? The wife and I finish with her XG I'm thinking trade in on the Genesis V8 sedan...:-D

I've got two of them, but i'm feeling lazy so here are some representations of my DD's:

My truck: 2004 chevy colorado 5cyl/5spd, lowered 2" on QA1 suspension. Handles really well for being a truck. It's barely a DD since it only gets driven 1-2 days week.
05_colo_sportzq_exten.jpg

My actual DD, work car that i was given a few weeks ago. 2010 ford focus. Gutless little car, but its not technically mine so who cares.
ford-focus08-spoilers_cat.jpg

-
Back