Post your Dash Pics

-
I finally got around to ordering my speed hut gauges and got it mostly wired up yesterday

That layout looks great in planning but... you'll find the end upper gauges difficult to see/read.

That layout looks great in planning but... you'll find the end upper gauges difficult to see/read.

Only if he is 6 foot tall. Lol. If he is about 5 foot 2 he will be able to read the upper edges perfectly lol. Looks great matt.

Well I am 5'6" but that why the left upper one is the volts all the vital ones I can see perfect. Right upper is oil temp which I can see if it gets to hot, plus just a slight head movement I can see them as well. Lol and to think I had to mount one more gauge on the roll bar lol, I just like to know everything going on in my engines.

Where are you guys getting the aftermarket inserts for the 69 Darts? The only ones I can find is for 70 and up.

The Peak Dash was the only one I know of as shown by Matts440. They were very expensive but really nice. Unsure of the status of availability at this point. I made mine with sheet metal and 1/8" round bar and saved myself about $500 not buying the Peak Dash. Just took a lot of time to get it right.

The Peak Dash was the only one I know of as shown by Matts440. They were very expensive but really nice. Unsure of the status of availability at this point. I made mine with sheet metal and 1/8" round bar and saved myself about $500 not buying the Peak Dash. Just took a lot of time to get it right.
That looks great though. I like the way you put the lip around the perimeter. I was wondering what you used to do that. It finishes it out nicely. Necessity is the mother of invention. I like how yours is flat and set back. Kinda reminds me of a B body gage setup.

Mine is a copy of a peaks, but not made by them, went out of business before I had my dart. I had mine made by a local company here in Cali, the whole thing ran me $600 with the cnc pods.

That looks great though. I like the way you put the lip around the perimeter. I was wondering what you used to do that. It finishes it out nicely. Necessity is the mother of invention. I like how yours is flat and set back. Kinda reminds me of a B body gage setup.

If you'd like to see how I did it, go to the bottom of page 4 of my build thread and continue from there: 1969 Dart Street/Strip (Re)Build

My convertible sat in a lean-to for years with the top down. As you can imagine, the interior was trashed. The dash needed a lot of work but it turned out good I think.
dart140_zpsc093f259.jpg

I wanted to keep a stock look but add a custom flavor. I got rid of the AMP gauge and put an oil gauge in its place. I had a custom white gauge overlay made to say OIL instead of AMP and WARNING over the idiot light.
DSCN2264_zps82ab7280.jpg

I replaced the stock bulbs with LEDs.
DSCN2271_zpsf9c30dfd.jpg
DSCN2307_zpsd18b25f1.jpg

Long awaited install of my complete dash

20161005_163443.jpg

Call the company I used they can do it, just let them know there gauges you plan to use. They can make any number a gauge pods and configuration you want just talk to them.

14761986503141947565432.jpg

Here's the very slow progress of what I'm doing with my dash. I work on this between other projects. I plan of getting rid of the dash pads all together and doing a matte wrinkle finish to keep any glare down. I'm still thinking about how exactly I want to do the gauge layout. I think it would be neat to have some sort of central nav system like a large Garmin unit. They have a built in sat speedo so I could possibly eliminate the mechanical speedo all together.

20160820_111727.jpg

20160820_113728.jpg

Speedhut has a GPS Speedometer, that's what I have in my setup. Just have to place the sensor on top your dash where it can get a clean signal through the windshield

I run an autometer GPS speedo. Love it. The sensor is tiny. Come right out the vent. You can just see it in the 2nd pic if you look close

10354954_10204960777848583_3154114383600923141_n.jpg

20150430_150841.jpg

matt, is your dash alum. ? I bent one up when I first got my car, about 7 yrs ago. It looks just like yours, but I never got back to it. if I could find the right size alum tubing for the gauges, I might finish it some day. going to go back and look to see if you had a build thread. and clintegs too.

Yes it's all aluminum, I'll measure the pods when I get back to my house.

Okay sorry my large pods are 4.32" since I'm using the Speedhut 4" gauges, and the little ones 2.38" for their 2 1/16" gauges.

Last edited:
Here's how my dash was since I got the car, till last week. I'm currently in the process of redoing the whole dash so I'll post pics when I'm done with it

IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1370.JPG

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1375.JPG

-
Back