• IMG_20150208_210922667.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_20150223_173039403.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_20150223_173014610.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_20150223_173032010 (1).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 508
Mine is a blend of stock and some customization with in-dash 2-5/8" tach, 2" oil pressure and water temp gauges set in on either side of an aftermarket radio. The bezels are refinished in black satin paint with new woodgrain overlays installed.

Edit: Sorry for the double post a few up the chain. :D
Added a few pics with the dash pad on fresh from the upholstery shop

Hey I've been looking at the same aftermarket radio that you have. Do you like it so far? and how does it sound? I've read a lot of mixed reviews on them.. but i really don't want to cut my dash!

Hey I've been looking at the same aftermarket radio that you have. Do you like it so far? and how does it sound? I've read a lot of mixed reviews on them.. but i really don't want to cut my dash!

I tested it with a with a 100 watt stereo amp on the bench playing tunes from my iphone through some bookshelf speakers. I am pretty picky about how I like to hear music.

I'll give it 2 thumbs up for the $20 I paid for it brand new from Amazon.

I'm sure there will be signal drift etc with the radio tuner since its analog, but I plan to burn a playlist on an sd card and rock out.

I think the key with this radio is using a power amp and a 4 decent speakers....

Mine is a blend of stock and some customization with in-dash 2-5/8" tach, 2" oil pressure and water temp gauges set in on either side of an aftermarket radio. The bezels are refinished in black satin paint with new woodgrain overlays installed.

Edit: Sorry for the double post a few up the chain. :D
Added a few pics with the dash pad on fresh from the upholstery shop

I tested it with a with a 100 watt stereo amp on the bench playing tunes from my iphone through some bookshelf speakers. I am pretty picky about how I like to hear music.

I'll give it 2 thumbs up for the $20 I paid for it brand new from Amazon.

I'm sure there will be signal drift etc with the radio tuner since its analog, but I plan to burn a playlist on an sd card and rock out.

I think the key with this radio is using a power amp and a 4 decent speakers....
\

Thanks DusterDaddy! I think Ill try it out! Heck for $20 it can't be too bad. At least it would fill the empty hole in my dash! haha

Here's mine, Peak/ RMD, Speedhuts, Pioneer, painted to match the exterior and seat inserts.

Attachments

• 20151221_195710.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 552
Don't mind the mess, it's still a work in progress. I will be taking it back out to give it a brushed look so it's not as shiny.

Just redid the dash, transistor IVR, factory radio delete plate.

Attachments

• VerizonCell2016 204.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 388
  • VerizonCell2016 192.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 461
20150420_165547_zpsbzbkvzuu.jpg

my Turbine car inspired dash setup. The dash face is a brushed aluminum 3m dinoc and it actually feels like brushed aluminum.

This is my first restoration and my first dash ever! I'm happy with the way it turned out. I don't really know what I'm doing... but I've learned a ton so far! Here' a before and after pic of the dash. I reused everything except the dash pad and defrost vents.

Attachments

• 2016-02-26_11.38.49.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 469
This is my first restoration and my first dash ever! I'm happy with the way it turned out. I don't really know what I'm doing... but I've learned a ton so far! Here' a before and after pic of the dash. I reused everything except the dash pad and defrost vents.

Looks good! Did you recover the old pad with new material?

Looks good! Did you recover the old pad with new material?

No it was too far gone to try to save it. So i had to get a new one for it. Other than the dash pad and the defrost vents, everything was reused. I will say I spent a lot of time painting and taping things off to get the silver trim around everything! lol

Found this post, and figured I'd add pictures of my dash project here. Everyone's looks outstanding. Great work!!!

image.png

image.jpeg

Restored 67 cuda dash, with led strip light backlighting, a volt gage conversion of the amp gage, homemade solid state gage voltage regulator, reverse light indicator, and radio delete.

20151126_174650.jpg

20151126_174644.jpg

You guys really inspire me,im working on covering my metal dash with leather and adding custom gauge panels.very talented people on here

The car is a work in progress but here is the dash i made for it. I wanted it to have a stock look or at least a period correct look.
x86Y8W0.jpg

LexqiTh.jpg

Where are you guys getting the aftermarket inserts for the 69 Darts? The only ones I can find is for 70 and up.

-
Back