Post your Tach mounting

-

Dart 67

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have just bought an Autometer 5' Tach for my 67 Dart.
I want to mount it on the top center of my dashpad but I don't know the right way to do it.

Do I bolt it right through the pad ou should I use a home made bracket?

Any pics will be helpful

Many thanks :)

well I bought a new suntach I think smaller then yours but I wanted it center dash... But when installed with the two peice bracket installed through the vent hole it hit the winshield and didnt work...
I just reversed the big circle part of it and it pushed it out a inch or so and fits perfect.. they sell aftermarket ones too for this aluminum i have seen.
Overall its preference, I just did some cheap engineering to make it work for now and looks fine, no one has noticed the bracket was reversed.

I have an autometer 5' tach with shift light. What I was able to do was take the bottom screw on the driverside A pillar out and install a longer on that fit perfect. No holes to drill and is like in perfect spot if you ask me, ill take pics tomorrow when i get home!

Not to steal the thread but any other mounting options would be nice.. I don't want to mess up my dashpad. And I'm kinda looking for a sleeper look.

Dart67 do you have a picture of it? Does it requite a bracket or does it have one on it?

Here's ours....... No damage to the dash or dash pad.

DSC00853.jpg

DSC00851.jpg

I think FASTBACK has some pics here somewhere on his mount. He mounted where the top vent bolts to the dash.

I put mine in the guage cluster. Its a mini though.

DSC00013 (Custom).JPG

heres what i explained earlier. Found a longer screw for bottom a-pillar screw (kept origional one of course) I love the location! But to each his own

tach1.jpg

tach2.jpg

tach4.jpg

tach 3.jpg

Well, if that is the one you got and you can reach the bottom of the dash then just run bolts through it. assuming you don't mind messing up your dash. Just make sure you use a washer to spread out the load on the underside.

Sorry to hi-jack,but does anybody have a pic of a monster tach mounted in a Early-A 64-66 Dart,Valiant?Thanks.

tach.jpg

It's out of the field of vision, but the shift light is all I need which is basically dead center of the steering wheel.

Yo Spaz, tell us about the rest of your dash. Looks nice.

Thanks.
Just wanted the dash to be body color to break up the motonony.
I painted all the plastic parts rattle can semi -flat black, and colored all the lettering, even the teeny -tiny heater control letters with a silver sharpie marker, cheap and easy.

Built a cradle out of aluminum to mount the EZ wiring fuse box and battery shut off switch in the glove box.

Decided to delete the radio especially since the previous owner cut the hole square, so I decided to fill up the space with accessory switches for the electric back up fan, reverse lights, electric fuel pump and one spare that will be used for line loc's.

The blue light is for the electric fan when switched on, get it, cool (blue), and the (red) is for the fuel pump.

In case of fire or smoke I can shut the whole car down from inside the glove box.

Mullinax did his very similar to mine but made his deeper so he can still store some stuff in his glove box.

May gauges are from EZ wiring as well, thay are Dolphin brand, I know the name is kinda ghay but they look pretty good in the dash.
I wanted to use a quad gauge to fill the original quad gauge hole so my choices were limited and they price was much nicer than the MCX gauges that I really wanted, but I like these ones better because they look more retro and subtle.
The only thing I don;t like about the dolphin gauges is the backlighting sucks at night, but I don;t do much night driving so no big deal there.
I can always put led's behind them if I wanna go brighter.

switch-4.jpg

13-3.jpg

-
Back