Post your wheel and tire combos.

-
Yeah, it’s quite a change, sent her to dog training, got some control now, great ball dog and loyal like my other shepherd. Sorry bout the dog blog, just thought that was funny, did a double take when I seen your picture
Yep, untrained malinois can be a terror. Brilliant dogs though. Hemi would rather get loved and rubbed than eat, Mopar LIVES to chase balls, the puppy lived for both.
Don't worry about the detour, this place (and b-bodies) is loaded with dog lovers, nobody will complain! Put dogs in the search upper right, you will see what I mean.

To get the thread back on track......
The loose wheel is a 15x10.5, 7.25 backspace, (15x7 front half, 15x14 rear half) double drilled for 5x4 and 5x4.5. Wheels on the car are 15x8.5 with 10.5x28 slicks, 4 7/8 bs. also double drilled.

20200729_184102.jpg

20200729_184031.jpg

Here’s what’s on the our car now.
image.jpg
P325/50/15 fenders not cut yet, I just had shoulder replacement, not sure on backspacing “ just collecting all my parts definitely want a taller tire 30-31

Here’s what’s on the our car now.

View attachment 1715866657 P325/50/15 fenders not cut yet, I just had shoulder replacement, not sure on backspacing “ just collecting all my parts definitely want a taller tire 30-31
You have the ideal situation there. You have a set that fits, just see how much room you have to the springs/tub, and adjust the new backspace off the wheels you have now. So, if the wheels you have now have 5" bs, and the tire is close enough to the spring, just add the two inches to the outside, and keep the five inch bs. All measurements can be made from the wheels/tires you have now.
(Remember! Aluminum wheel width is measured from bead to bead, while ackspace is measured from the rear edge. So a 12" wheel is really 13 inches, and 6.5" backspace will be zero offset. The wheel will mount exactly in the middle)

You have the ideal situation there. You have a set that fits, just see how much room you have to the springs/tub, and adjust the new backspace off the wheels you have now. So, if the wheels you have now have 5" bs, and the tire is close enough to the spring, just add the two inches to the outside, and keep the five inch bs. All measurements can be made from the wheels/tires you have now.
(Remember! Aluminum wheel width is measured from bead to bead, while ackspace is measured from the rear edge. So a 12" wheel is really 13 inches, and 6.5" backspace will be zero offset. The wheel will mount exactly in the middle)

That’s why I think it can be done, just don’t see anyone doing this on a dart. I’m adding the xtra 1- 2” past the quarter panel if needed / that’s why I’m opening the wheel well and adding the taller tire.

Thanks for info, looking for taller tire like the old days/ what’s the backspacing / I’m running 28 X15 now / 10 wheels

Mine are 28" tall

28x12.50/15 Mickey Thompson Sportsman pros on 11.25" wheels

Old wheels 10X15 wheels / 4.5 bs, new wheels are 12X15 / 4.5 bs, xtra 2” wider

The 12" wheel will certainly fit, but keep in mind the tire will become very important.

If they measure a tire on a 10" wheel and you mount it on a 12" wheel, it will measure wider than the advertised section width.

A friend of mine built a V8 Vega in the last century :rolleyes:. Used the narrowest 12 bolt he could find in it, which still left wheel and tire fitment issues. Ended up similar to this
ea348d0b1f95395e7f30863322bbfeba.jpg

He drove the Vega over the hill into the more populous Inland Empire one day. While on a freeway over pass at one of the freeway interchanges he gets lit up by the CHP :eek: on the overpass no less. He continues down until they get to flat ground where there was actually a shoulder to stop on. He was cordial to the officer through the license and registration encounter and the officer retreats to the rear of the Vega. Friend looks in his side view mirror and the officer is resting his foot on the tire protruding from the wheel well :BangHead:. "You better get that fixed. Nice car by the way. Don't let me catch you like this again." :rofl:

A friend of mine built a V8 Vega in the last century :rolleyes:. Used the narrowest 12 bolt he could find in it, which still left wheel and tire fitment issues. Ended up similar to this View attachment 1715867993

He drove the Vega over the hill into the more populous Inland Empire one day. While on a freeway over pass at one of the freeway interchanges he gets lit up by the CHP :eek: on the overpass no less. He continues down until they get to flat ground where there was actually a shoulder to stop on. He was cordial to the officer through the license and registration encounter and the officer retreats to the rear of the Vega. Friend looks in his side view mirror and the officer is resting his foot on the tire protruding from the wheel well :BangHead:. "You better get that fixed. Nice car by the way. Don't let me catch you like this again." :rofl:

I see so much of this on the streets around here
9c3bf7d6d1ece13e9608ed92dc9bac78.jpg

I Don't think the law would bother with 2 or 3" of MT outside the wheel wells on a hot rod Dart :D

Cops used to pull you over for wide tires, I think it’s in the past anymore. Maybe 1” at the most past the quarter panel, they’ll be more worried bout the 440 with 3” exhaust

-
Back