Suspension mods: QA1 upper control arms

Rear

Wheel Brand: Same as front
Size: 18"
Backspacing: 5.5"
tire size 8" 245/50/18
Suspension mod. None

Looks great and great fit.

Ever consider setting her down just a touch more?

UPDATE:

1971 Dart GT

Front

Wheel Brand Factory Rallye Wheels
Size 14" X 5 1/2"
Backspacing stock
tire size 195/75R14
Suspension mods SSBC Front Disc Brake

Rear

Wheel Brand WheelVintiques Rallye Wheels
Size 15" X 7"
Backspacing 4 1/4"
tire size 245/60R15
Suspension mod Factory Installed 8 3/4" 3.23:1 Sure-Grip

IMG_6550.jpg

Car year and model
72' Duster

Front

Wheel Brand
Special limited edition American Racing classic Torque Thrust “D”

Backspacing: 4.5"
tire size 6" 235/40/18
Suspension mods: QA1 upper control arms

Rear

Wheel Brand: Same as front
Backspacing: 5.5"
tire size 8" 245/50/18
Suspension mod. None

View attachment 1715832937

View attachment 1715832938
Looks good.. drop her 2 inches.. it would look great!! But that's just my opinion. Like the color combo too!

Last edited:
Lets keep a running list of wheel and tire combo. Its an often asked question.

Copy and Paste in to your reply

Car year and model
1969 440 Dart
Front

Wheel Brand Crager 61C
Size 15X4.5
Backspacing 2”
tire size 28/4.5/15
Suspension mods disc brakes

Rear

Wheel Brand Crager
Size 12X15
Backspacing 4.5
tire size 31X16.5-15LT
Suspension mod
springs moved / quarter panel / cut out / mini tubbed

image.jpg

Depends how much room you have. You will have to measure to find out. What car are you modifying?

I’m cutting the wheel well for clearance, do I need that much backspacing?
It depends ENTIRELY on the rearend width you have, how much minitub, and where and what kind of springs you have. We have NO way of knowing. You have to measure on your car.
On my barracuda with the springs moved, and a stock B width rear, I use 10 1/2 centerlines with 7 1/4 backspace
The 12s that I have are used with small tires (315/65x15 et street pro's) and were custom ordered for the least backspace I could get, 3 1/2". They are used on a very narrow little car with a very narrowed rearend (with very big tubbs.)

It depends ENTIRELY on the rearend width you have, how much minitub, and where and what kind of springs you have. We have NO way of knowing. You have to measure on your car.
On my barracuda with the springs moved, and a stock B width rear, I use 10 1/2 centerlines with 7 1/4 backspace
The 12s that I have are used with small tires (315/65x15 et street pro's) and were custom ordered for the least backspace I could get, 3 1/2". They are used on a very narrow little car with a very narrowed rearend (with very big tubbs.)
Yeah, tape measure time, at least I know it can be done now, I’ll send you a post when I’m finished. Also your tires are under the car, I want 1-2” past the body/ wheel well cut out like the Hemi cars

Just seen your picture, karma

D4B99DA8-268C-48BF-A780-087710B61976.jpeg

4EA812E6-140D-49E4-9BC5-FE60919282C3.jpeg

I've got two shepherds, the all black girl in my avatar, (Mopar), and a black-and-red long hair male, (Hemi). Both pictured in the dog thread. You should post yours too!
We had to put our 13 year old shepherd down last October, that was tuff, ended up with a Belgian Malinois X Shepherd great dog too! Love shepherds

We had to put our 13 year old shepherd down last October, that was tuff, ended up with a Belgian Malinois X Shepherd great dog too! Love shepherds
Wow! Rescued a malinois puppy a few months ago, she was just too wild with our shepherds, hurt Hemi pretty good, just playing. She got rehomed to a good friend, to a one dog (her) household. I still miss her, she loved me in ten seconds.
(Just a tip,keep an eye on auto correct. AC corrected malinois to malicious, and rehomed to removed. Would have made me look like an asshole if I hadn't proofread.)
Edit: just one off many threads detoured by dog lovers!

20211109_154141.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Rescued a malinois puppy a few months ago, she was just too wild with our shepherds, hurt Hemi pretty good, just playing. She got rehomed to a good friend, to a one dog (her) household. I still miss her, she loved me in ten seconds.
(Just a tip,keep an eye on auto correct. AC corrected malinois to malicious, and rehomed to removed. Would have made melook like an ashore if I hadn't proofread.)
Edit: just one off many threads detoured by dog lovers!
Yeah, it’s quite a change, sent her to dog training, got some control now, great ball dog and loyal like my other shepherd. Sorry bout the dog blog, just thought that was funny, did a double take when I seen your picture

-
Back