Potential 69 Barracuda Purchase :)

-

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
Today, I just got word from one of the doc's I work with that has a good friend who's mother is getting older and her health is bad. She can no longer drive her 1969 Barracuda. She is the original owner. This is in southern California too. So this should be a rust free california car. I am hoping to take a look at it next week if possible. It is not for sale locally and looks like I will have first dibs. This was a running car as far as I know.

The exciting part is that I have no idea what engine or if it is a fastback or a notchback. I don't really car because I like them both. Would be crazy if it was an original #'s matching 340 survivor. I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep ya'll updated on my serious a-body illness. Been waiting for a good deal on a rust free a-body 67-69 car for a while now.

If I get this car I would be getting rid of my 68 Dart because it needs a fair amount of work. I would take the 8 3/4 and disc brakes setup from the 68 Dart if the Barracuda is a drum car. And I have a 440 that is ready to drop in. How fun would that be? :cheers:

Dave

Can't wait, take pictures so we can see even if you don't buy it

She probably has problems shifting the 4 speed

Oh to be single with no wife & kids & to be able to spend your money on what YOU want. Good luck with the potential purchase Dave.

It is at a local dodge dealership right now. I talked to the service manager and he gave me the low down. He said it is a very solid california car. They have replaced the upper and lower control arm bushings, tierods, pitman arm, idler arm and ball joints on the car. That's a bonus.

Found out that it is a White Fastback with a black racing stripe down the side with bucket seats, center console automatic with 318 2bbl, 7 1/4 rear, 4 wheel drums, standard hub caps, vinyl top and pretty straight body.

I am hoping to take a look at it on Monday if possible. The guy I spoke with said it would be a perfect SS car. He said he'd love to have it but has too mnay projects of his own. Mopar fan for sure. I take pics and pass on the info on the car if I'm not interested in it.

I imagine if it is in much better shape than my 68 Dart I will get rid of the Dart. I'll post it for FABO members first, then it goes on ebag and craigslist.

I'm hoping it looks something like this

url

rkl340: I'm married and have two kids,raised, and the wonderfull woman i live with lets me buy what ever i want as long as she can live in the house that i have provided her with. Eat your heart out guys. I think i'll buy her an Austin Healey Bugeyed Sprite for Christmas. Been looking for awhile. She's one hell of a woman and i love her.

rkl340: I'm married and have two kids,raised, and the wonderfull woman i live with lets me buy what ever i want as long as she can live in the house that i have provided her with. Eat your heart out guys. I think i'll buy her an Austin Healey Bugeyed Sprite for Christmas. Been looking for awhile. She's one hell of a woman and i love her.

Now that is something to be thankful for. =P~

Dave....congrats on the find. Sounds like it's nicely optioned and original 8)

Start salivating. I know I was. Here are some of the pics I snapped with my camera phone while the car was on a rack. This car is in really nice shape. I only saw 2 spots that needed some rust attention. The usual suspects of course in the pass. quarter where the drain plug is clogged. There are a couple tiny spots on the front right fender near the valence.

Original interior and paint. The front grill is almost perfect. All the trim is in nice shape. The tail piece needs some dent repair but overall pretty nice. The center console is really nice too. Really good for real survivor status on this one from an 85 year old granny.

IMAG0059.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0064-1.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0066-1.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

SHOULD I GET IT??? What do you think it is worth? What should I offer?

Dave

dude..if you don't buy it... let us know...I'm gonna be in LA from the 5th to the 9th...hey its a surf-vivor!

$10-12k???

I gotta wait until the owners get the front end work done and then I can talk about a deal on the car.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed

You better buy that car like today before some one else does. That is a really nice car. Looks like it led a very easy life. Those vinyl top '69s are rare. Seriously, that car could easily get bought right out from under you if you don't act fast.

Please tell me your selling the Dart!!That car is in amazing shape and i,m sure your having sleepless nights thinking on what route you can go with this SURVIVOR car.Granny sure looked after her.Nice investment,and like others have said..grab before someone else does!!!Nice find..:clock:

My fingers and a prayer for you daves66valiant :cheers:
You finally found you a Barracuda :happy10:

I gotta wait until the owners get the front end work done and then I can talk about a deal on the car.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Did you try to get the car before/without the front end work ?? You could do it for cheaper anyway. You need to just get the car ASAP.

Did you try to get the car before/without the front end work ?? You could do it for cheaper anyway. You need to just get the car ASAP.

I was too late Steve. They had already started on the front end. I could have done all of it for about 600 or less maybe. They will get charged about 1800 I bet. Which I'm sure that cost will get included in the asking price.

I'll know more after the holiday.

Nice, Vinyl top is rare on a fastback. Does she know what she has ?

Wow!! is that a vinyl roof???? I have never even heard of such a thing on a fastback. is that a factory deal or dealer add on or what????? either way, that has got to be the only one like it in the country, I have seen a bunch of Cuda's, but none like that. Good luck on the buy!!!!!!!

Come on guys its not a 340 car. I would say its worth $3500 to $5500 nice car however.
Are those hub caps original?

The hubcaps looked original to me. The under hood shot shows an aftermarket catch can, a generic upper radiator hose and a few other minor details. The rest looks fantastic. The vinyl top would be the clincher for me. They were really nice looking on those cars. I'd say, being a 318 car and all, and not in "mint" condition, it should be worth $8-$10k here in the midwest.
One question. Is the weather so nice out there in California that they don't even put shop doors on the buildings????

My heart would have been leaping out of my chest at first sight knowing I had first dibs on such a nice survivor car.

Dude, I would have laid down $5-k holding money right there and would have surrounded the car with spitting cobra's and street hookers with bed sores until I took posession of that thing.

Ha, ha, you better hurry up now and snatch that car..... freaking aweosme find!!!!!!

-
Back