Power Steering Conversion Help

-

WildOnce340

Reaction score
I have an original 1969 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 with 4 speed transmission. The existing engine, however, is a 1973 340. I'm trying to find a power steering kit, but I'm having trouble because all the Borgeson small block kits only go up to 1972 (see attached). My water pump housing lower radiator hose offsets to the right (passenger side). Also, I don't know if my pittman shaft is a 1 1/4 or 1 1/8? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim
IMG_8962.JPG

oh and he offers a coupler that makes the kit a bolt in instead of a fab job

I used the Borgeson unit on my 73 Sport 340. No issues at all other than having to bend one hard line to fit the pump. Not difficult at all.

About the pitman shaft size... If you need a 1&5/16 socket to get the nut off, it's the large shaft.

I have an original 1969 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 with 4 speed transmission. The existing engine, however, is a 1973 340. I'm trying to find a power steering kit, but I'm having trouble because all the Borgeson small block kits only go up to 1972 (see attached). My water pump housing lower radiator hose offsets to the right (passenger side). Also, I don't know if my pittman shaft is a 1 1/4 or 1 1/8? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim
View attachment 1716004995
Thats the chop your column kit with the GM pump. If you want a true bolt in kit using OE style parts our small sector is a direct bolt in and uses factory hoses. If converting from manual, our master kit is the ticket - Bergmanautocraft.com - Site sponsor, A body owner for almost 40 years and site contributor for 20 years. Support small business and superior products!

Thanks! Will the price reflect the parts you aren't able to supply?
We make custom kits so you don't buy what you don't need. In your case I can supply the base kit, hoses and pump for the /6. Sometimes I locate the slant 6 parts if I can find them

-
Back