Power window kits for 65 barracuda

-

ThirstyBear

Reaction score
I am restoring a 65 barracuda and have issues w the rear window regulators. Wondering if anyone has any info on possible power window kits so I can eliminate the stock regulators. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Cool! thanks 65Dartman...that is my link and no I have not found a good replacement other than modifying a good rear regulator. Mostly due to the fact it so darn tight on space and has a weird curved rear track making it a bear to get working right. All the motors came from mopars. big ram trucks and dakotas. I still have to re-clock one of the motors(hits the jamb) to get enough adjustment to close correctly and be aligned with the front glass but that's for a later time after I get the complete wiring done. and yes you have to cut some metal from the inside structure to get it to fit the way I'm doing it. I've tried the ebay type window setup and they just don't have enough guts to raise the rears correctly. fronts are just passable.
their power locks work fine. ohh#-o if you do go for it my way, "TAKE the darn spring off FIRST" or you will be sorry you didn't:banghead:

I might have to check on this for my wagon. Front and rear door glass looks to be straight so that would help.

I might have to check on this for my wagon. Front and rear door glass looks to be straight so that would help.

I've looked at "waggins" wagon and yup it looks like you can do them just like the front window regulators. it's the monster rear curved ones that "SUCK" to get to work. you probably will not have to cut any inner door metal to get them to work either.

I've looked at "waggins" wagon and yup it looks like you can do them just like the front window regulators. it's the monster rear curved ones that "SUCK" to get to work. you probably will not have to cut any inner door metal to get them to work either.

I`d like to do the pass. side front window in my 68 fastback (no air) just because I cant safely reach it while driving. any kits or parts that a dummy can get to make this work, w/o a lot of fabrication and cutting? -well, I might do the drivers side too.:coffee2:

I am restoring a 65 barracuda and have issues w the rear window regulators. Wondering if anyone has any info on possible power window kits so I can eliminate the stock regulators. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thank you for the responses! I'll review further when I have some more time. Sounds like even fixing the rear regulators is tricky. Any thoughts on getting them to work properly if I'm getting flex and they are binding up?

Classic industries makes a set for our cars, I will be getting a set soon.

if you just doing the fronts it will work.

But they do not make a set for the rear.
those are a bit (A Lot) harder to do. the slimline pieces I saw in a street rod might work but the rear curved channel is almost a deal breaker. there is just not enough room to get a full sized motor in between the regulator and glass. so it's gotta be flipped to the other side and then you have to cut the inner door panel. those wimpy later model motors just don't have enough power to muscle the glass up on that curved channel.

-
Back