Power

-

Mopar2

Reaction score
I have a stock 340, my question is what is the best way to increse horsepower about 100 or 200 more HP without spending alot of money. I don't race it just drive it to car shows and around town, but if I want to turn the tires I want power to do it.

Thanks

You can stroke the motor or add a super/turbo charger to it. Either way you'll have to go into the motor to do it (at least the right way anyway). There is also nos you can bolt on but you might blow it that way as well and it doesn't least very long.

its gonna be hard to do an increase like that for not a lot of money, but you could always swap in a set of 3.73s-3.90s.

It wont add horsepower, but it will make the car feel like it has a lot more power.(but you will sacrifice highway drivability)

I have a stock 340, my question is what is the best way to increse horsepower about 100 or 200 more HP without spending alot of money. I don't race it just drive it to car shows and around town, but if I want to turn the tires I want power to do it.
Thanks

That's a common theme. But it's a fairy tale. You can either spend and get results, or not spend and get less results. What I'd suggest is if you want another 100hp then think about the usual bolt ones (cam, good ignition, good exhaust, intake) and then replace the gears with something more racey. You should be able to get another 40-60hp and have it feel a lot faster.

I agree with Moper and maybe add 100hp shot of Nos for a little more bump your still looking at a few grand in upgades though. Do one upgrade at a time as you can afford them.

-
Back