Predict my E.T ....

-
Convertor...........needs at least 4500 stall.
340'S run better with gear and stall.

12 seconds on juice....13 seconds on motor.

With convertor....12 seconds on motor and high 11 seconds on juice.

That's a really big tire for 3.91's.
I believe it's a 30 inch tall tire.

That's like running a 28 inch tall tire with 3.23's.(2800 stall)

It's 60 foot will be very slow.

While your engine is being built,find a reputable torque convertor supplier and give him all your specs(tire size,gear,camshaft,(spray),suspension,intended use for the car(street?track on weekends?)The convertors made today are allot different than 10-15 yrs ago.Often an overlooked part for any type of street/muscle car build.

340s like to Revvvvvvv 2800 stall is way to low. with todays converters you can get away with a lot more stall and still be streetabe.

I Have 4.56 gears in my 340 and, like you, a 2800 stall. My 60 foot times are 2.2s(3760 E body) and ran low 14s at 4400 foot elimination.
If your 340 is like mine, it just don't pull until around 3300 rpm.

When i launch, even with 4.56 gears it's real flat. just past the tree it come alive and runs down the track.

With all that said I'm with T67POWER.

"12 seconds on juice....13 seconds on motor.

With convertor....12 seconds on motor and high 11 seconds on juice."

I really thing a converter (quality converter) Is well worth the investment.

High 12's, low 13's on motor....low 12's on the bottle :binky:

To me this is the most honest answer I've seen. I'll stick with this. My 340 on N2O best was a 7.9ET in the 1/8. It still had a little room for improvement but even if I dropped 2/10 to a 7.7et it would still only come out to a 12 sec 1/4. I had a lot more converter with my 3800 Dynamic

Thanks guys. I've got a hold of a 4.30 I might be purchasing this week.
I never knew that 30" tall tire would make such a difference. Now about the convertor. What stall would everyone think is appropriate. I know now that mine is obviously to low.
So what stall would you recommend??
3500.....???

Thanks guys. I've got a hold of a 4.30 I might be purchasing this week.
I never knew that 30" tall tire would make such a difference. Now about the convertor. What stall would everyone think is appropriate. I know now that mine is obviously to low.
So what stall would you recommend??
3500.....???

3500-4000 (Q) stall converter. You will make that little ol 340 vary happy

Thank you. I'm a newbie with some of this stuff. Any brand names perfered....just remeber I'm not ritch hahaha and starting to get on a tight budget as this project moves on.
Haha if its not one thing it's another.

I missed the 30" tire.

Nowhere near enough gear for a 340 and 30" tire. It would like that gear on the juice, no chance on motor.

26-28" tire would be good, it really needs 4.56 or bigger to work well with that tire.

anything taller then a 28 inch tire, the wheel well needs to be modified. the tire will rub on the front lip...

anything taller then a 28 inch tire, the wheel well needs to be modified. the tire will rub on the front lip...

All that's already done haha.mini tubbed. The wheels and tires are on. Motor is at machine shop and I'm just organizing the rear end details.

Converter a good 4500 would be the ticket with that tire/gear combo. On motor it might be just barely rolling into 3rd gear in the lights.

I missed the 30" tire.

Nowhere near enough gear for a 340 and 30" tire. It would like that gear on the juice, no chance on motor.

26-28" tire would be good, it really needs 4.56 or bigger to work well with that tire.

Thanks. Ya like I've said will mostly be a street machine. When I do go to the track that's when I'll be spraying. As long as I beat my buddy who runs a 12.60 in his chevelle ill be happy hahaa

I have a PTC 3500 with a HD Trans cooler with 3:55's, This is a great combo for the street, runs awesome and still turn high 12's

My first good laugh this evening Rob :D Do you think he will smoke'em on the line and not get a bite :D, he may have to peddle it off the line but I think after a few runs he will get it down pat :cheers:

Hay Mike, :cheers: lol Jimmyboy hear from Canada...That's my sons Duster he's building. I go to Calgary every now and then to help him after the Signet sold years ago. Hope you and the family are all well down there!

Just some updates:

Eddy rpm heads
Rear gears are now 4.30s
TCI 3800 stall converter

-
Back