Preventing corrosion during a build?

-
I've heard BoeShield is supposed to be pretty good. I have never heard anything bad(corrosive) about wd40, either

We use boeshield on Harley frames that we run on street w/o painting them ,after we use 000 wool on them and we live on an island works great

Wd-40=water displacing/40th formula zero water in it was created to displace water and took till the 40th formula to be what it is today
I agree. But it doesn't last forever, it's only a temporary thing. You can't expect it to protect for very long, depending on conditions. That's where that BoeShield, or for longer term storage Cosmoline come in.

I agree. But it doesn't last forever, it's only a temporary thing. You can't expect it to protect for very long, depending on conditions. That's where that BoeShield, or for longer term storage Cosmoline come in.
There definitely no water in it was my points

ight under a tarp? Sounds like a fire starter to me. Be careful.

And I suppose all your paint, solvents, and other chemicals are stored in an approved fire proof cabinet? I'm sorry, a low wattage trouble light poses about as low a fire risk as you can have, unless you are very careless. All things are possible but stupidity makes some things more probable.

Fluid Film, sprays on with a heavy coat pretty much like cosmoline. I use it under the mower deck, snow blower, and the garden tiller, stays put.

Automotive | Fluid Film

fluidflim.jpg

I have been spraying my short block with WD40 for quite awhile. It has been covered with a blanket/sheet and has had desiccant under it some of the time. There is some rust forming, probably look for the Boeshield or JB 80, great thread for me thanks all.

I have been using this also really good stuff. Lanolin based so alcohol takes it right off when needed.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA-HJSNA23DnPOX3i4WXXwCWm6lB7DHQb5x8F31RLkfu91Vx8yCQ.jpg

There is no water in WD-40.
WD-40's main ingredients as supplied in aerosol cans, according to U.S. Material Safety Data Sheet information, are:
  • 50% "aliphatic hydrocarbons". ...
  • <25% petroleum base oil. ...
  • 12–18% low vapor pressure aliphatic hydrocarbon. ...
  • 2–3% carbon dioxide. ...
  • <10% inert ingredients.

The WD in WD-40 stands for Water Displacement...

Petroleum Jelly - Vaseline

Used extensively in the aircraft industry because it works.

-
Back