Price of gas $$

-

44070dart

How the hell did I get this old..
Reaction score
PLEASE no politics, PLEASE ...

Went for gas today at the lowest priced joint around, which happens to be a major car wash in the area. $ 3.54 regular at the pump. I have a card that I use, and they take the cash directly out of my checking account. I've used for many years there. $ 3.21 with the card ...I think that they save about 1 to 4 % for me not using a credit card (googled that, for what it's worth, I thought it was 5%) but that is less than 15 cents. When I was a teenager, I remember the station owners in the 60's that I worked for saying they made about 3 cents a gallon, and depended on garage work to make a living. I know Shell made $$40 BILLION last year, but how much is the makeup on gas these days, that I can get $.33 off a gallon. There has to be a lot of people using this card at these places, because they are pretty big in the area.

Last edited:
Yep.
I made 4.4¢ per gallon, could hardly pay front end staff .
Mosta our money came outta the shop, carwash, retail, etc.
Then we had to " participate " in whatever promotions crap, Olympic glasses, etc.
I preferred to support our local kids sports .

Dad owned a shop waaay back in the 70's that I worked at. I remember when the conversion to metric happened that was a $hit$how lol. But yep it was pennies per gallon/litre.

Yep.
I made 4.4¢ per gallon, could hardly pay front end staff .
Mosta our money came outta the shop, carwash, retail, etc.
Then we had to " participate " in whatever promotions crap, Olympic glasses, etc.
I preferred to support our local kids sports .
That’s funny! I think you are referring to those Petro-can glasses with the gold script issued for the 1988 Calgary Olympics!

That’s funny! I think you are referring to those Petro-can glasses with the gold script issued for the 1988 Calgary Olympics!
Yeah, that one stuck in my craw, cost a bloody fortune .
I could supported 2 baseball and 2 hockey teams with that $$$ .

Yeah, that one stuck in my craw, cost a bloody fortune .
D667696A-F356-4908-BAF9-81F23B88F89D.jpeg

We still have a few.

Still got cases ,well boxes lol
We cleaning garage last spring, wife discovered a box of hi-ball glasses .

Still got cases .
That must be painful being reminded of it when you see the cases. Wasn’t it based it being hella discounted (or free) if you bought a certain volume of gas?

Min 25 litres, cost to customer was a nickel, IIRC, cost me 20¢ .
They are actually great quality glasses .

I have a card that I use, and they take the cash directly out of my checking account. I've used for many years there. $ 3.21 with the card ...I think that they save about 1 to 4 % for me not using a credit card (googled that, for what it's worth, I thought it was 5%) in the area.
You mind explaining what you are talking about?

"This card that I use???????"

I mean, no idea if you are using some fairly common banking card, or a proprietary gas company card that might not even be available over a wide scale?

The card is issued by the car wash co. and they remove your purchase price directly from your checking account. They eliminate the credit card companies surcharge.

Must be talking about CircleJerk I mean Circle K.
If you have their card it's between 6 and 10 cents less than if not.... They say it's a debit card linked to your bank account. But my own bank issued debit card that's already linked there pays higher price. I e gone in there and was gonna pay cash to fill my truck... Nope. Higher price just like if you used your master card I went down the street.
farkers....
What's so special about having a 3rd party debit card? There's enough hacks out there I don't want or need anything else with access to my account...... Can you use the Circle jerk card anywhere else? I can use my current debit card anywhere.....

What's so special about having a 3rd party debit card? There's enough hacks out there I don't want or need anything else with access to my account...... Can you use the Circle jerk card anywhere else? I can use my current debit card anywhere.....
There's your answer right there. They don't want you using it anywhere else........They want ALL of your business, and this helps support that........I'm sure that they have data to back that marketing decision.

Must be talking about CircleJerk I mean Circle K.
If you have their card it's between 6 and 10 cents less than if not.... They say it's a debit card linked to your bank account. But my own bank issued debit card that's already linked there pays higher price. I e gone in there and was gonna pay cash to fill my truck... Nope. Higher price just like if you used your master card I went down the street.
farkers....
That's why I use a credit card to pay for gas (and any other monthly expenses I can)

I have $1500 budgeted per month for that, money I need to spend anyway, but at least this way, I get a little cash back on it

I have a rewards card from Fry's Grocery (Kroger) that gives me points when We purchase Food. This Month We have points for $ 1.00 off per Gallon but the problem is that our Gas Prices in Sun City West are $ 4.49.

I have a Sam's club membership. Their gas is cheapest in town. Usually 5 cents less for E10 and 25 cents/gal. for premium. $3.29 here for E10.

I drive 5 minutes out of town and buy my gas on the reserve. .30 cents a litre cheaper.......or a buck a gallon.

Finally getting warm enough in the mornings to get the Harley out for the ride to work. Id like to see it a little warmer but the afternoon in the 80s will make up for it ... Tomorrow is supposed to be lows in 50s, I wasn't riding today with 39* when I woke up

Farkers by work have been $3.60 for a couple of weeks now. Between lunch and quitting time they went to $3.85. SOB.... It's 3.93-3.99 around home. Here we go again

We have bussiness dealings with a couple of C store owners. When they buy high $ r/e, they must have a store of addequate size to support the cost of land/building. County zoning can be a pain in the ***. Sq ft of land to sq ft of store. The gas does not make up their profit profile. Gas brings the customer in and selling store stuff makes the $. Or so they tell me.

I knew a fellow that once put a two barrel carburetor and intake off of a 318 on a 69 340 and the thing ran strong with the BBD carb...still sucked gas quick just not as quick as the AVS...I think it would still run a 14 in quarter mile

-
Back